Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he's gone before then! There's no way Moshiri and to a far far lesser extent BK want protests at Goodison on Saturday! Whether it be planes, banners, tennis balls, hankies etc etc, Mr M will not want that being all over Sky Sports on Saturday afternoon! Get rid of Martinez, temporary man in charge Unsworth, or Sheedy, play a few of the U21's who deserve the chance - Dowell, Connolly, or Davies and you've got the crowd immediately back on side! Sorted!
He's gone already, no doubt about that. I have no inside information but it's obvious. Moshiri buys major shareholding and lets him stay, not a chance, forget Bill he'll be on his own the new man will have the defining vote. DEFINITELY ;)

And why did we bottle it? Because we were so blatantly unfit because of a shambles of a pre-season. But nooooooo, anyone who said pre-season was awful was labelled a scaremonger or being completely over the top.

Because our players are mentally weak and have been for many, many years.

Because our players are mentally weak and have been for many, many years.
Whilst I do not disagree with you there, they were blatantly out on their feet after 60 minutes. I've never seen a team that tired for the first matches of the season.. That whole 'preseason' most were yelling 'it's not about results, its about FITNESS!' and, yet, it apparently wasn't about fitness either..

Whilst I do not disagree with you there, they were blatantly out on their feet after 60 minutes. I've never seen a team that tired for the first matches of the season.. That whole 'preseason' most were yelling 'it's not about results, its about FITNESS!' and, yet, it apparently wasn't about fitness either..

Yeah its certainly a factor.

That said they looked pretty strong in the second half at the weekend. And then that mental instability kicked in 2 minutes into added on time...

Mentally frail and physically not fit enough. There is no excuse whatsoever for the latter in elite sport. As regards mental frailty, then I'm not a sports psychologist and don't have any answers there. I think a huge amount of damage has been done with the manner in which we have conceded late goals and this may be an issue into next season.

Even without the above, we have a huge mental block at the pit, and when visiting all of our supposed 'betters'. I really thought that if anything Martinez would have addressed that, for all his swashbuckling, gung-ho approach, but sadly not. The new manager absolutely has to deliver a few derby wins, not least at home, in my book.

There may be quite a bit of turnover with playing staff which would be unusual for us. Whilst I generally think that adding anymore than 2-3 players in a single window is too much, the absolute shambles of our last 2 seasons and some players wanting to leave wll see us have to sign 5,6,7 players IMO.

There is no substitute for hard work. And a lot of that is needed between July and August for the players, and before that in terms of planning and assessing for the new manager.

Can't believe how unfit we look, do we actually do any fitness training, because looking how much Barkley's weight seems to have ballooned, it does make you think.
Ive asked for ages what we do in training because we don't seem to be particularly good at ANYTHING. We don't pass well, we don't have any fitness, we don't press, we don't close down spaces, theres no movement off the ball, they are woeful at defending in general, we already know we don't practice corners or set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back