Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive asked for ages what we do in training because we don't seem to be particularly good at ANYTHING. We don't pass well, we don't have any fitness, we don't press, we don't close down spaces, theres no movement off the ball, they are woeful at defending in general, we already know we don't practice corners or set pieces.

...all that.

Which further poses the question...what does he actually do?

I was watching Alli last night as he seems to be the closest comparable to Ross ........ and he sprints back to cover.
We have played enough games in the last 2 weeks for the players to be match fit without doing any major training.

They must be more to the fitness thing.

At times on Saturday Rom couldn't be arsed getting back onside and moments later he is chasing the goalie down ? Very odd.

Can't believe how unfit we look, do we actually do any fitness training, because looking how much Barkley's weight seems to have ballooned, it does make you think.
I doubt it. Without knowing the exacts of it, i imagine training has been very much focused on some areas and neglects others. Hence why things like set pieces are not practiced or defensive positioning but ball play is.

Can't see Robetto having his team focusing too much on fitness as long as they can run round enough each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back