Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, Moyes had too many favourites for the team to carry too...
The biggest problem Martinez has as a manager is he is not strong enough and the players know it. Imagine Howard had made all those blunders under Moyes or Barkley and Lukaku not helping out with work rate. They would have been subbed or dropped. Look at Fergie over the years. Any desent or players slacking off and they were shown the door.

When Moyes was at Everton and Fergie at Utd no one was bigger than them. That's the type of manager we now need. A guy who can stand up against the players and bring through youth. Anyone got tonight's euro million winning numbers

Ive asked for ages what we do in training because we don't seem to be particularly good at ANYTHING. We don't pass well, we don't have any fitness, we don't press, we don't close down spaces, theres no movement off the ball, they are woeful at defending in general, we already know we don't practice corners or set pieces.

Its all part of Roberto's strategy to ensure we are at the leading edge of technology and embracing the most up to date and modern training methods that are out there. I think they have gone for the most modern approach to training a sort of "virtual training" or "cyber training" appraoch to the beautiful game.

Roughly translated to basic terms - I think they all rock up at Finch Farm and play FIFA on an X Box with Baines bangin out some tunes on his guitar and bontempi organ in the background!

Last edited:

Just with regard to what @The Esk said about him being kept away from official interviews etc, could that just be to keep him away until the storm calms a little? and then say we win on Saturday then the club might think enough fans are gullible enough to believe a corner has been turned? especially after the second half in the semi?

I hope not. This season how many times has RM intimated the corner has turned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back