Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the club waiting for? We know the inevitable is going to happen so why not just end it now and sack him, this will avoid a very toxic match at the weekend regardless of the result. Surely the club know about the planned protests. There is absolutely nothing Martinez can do now to change anyone's mind

For those of you coming on for lunch, @The Esk posted this earlier on today.

Here's my take on the situation this morning for what it is worth.

Nothing has changed in terms of the big picture, ie that Martinez will not be managing us beyond the end of the season, and most likely not managing us this weekend. We have and continue to talk to very high quality candidates to replace him, as discussed previously, and that process continues.

It's a big day for the city, and Everton will be represented by many of its senior officials at the Hillsborough events today. Thus it's the perfect day to conclude what ever Martinez business needs concluding with all or most present.

Assuming the above, will news be released today? That's a tricky one to judge, if so it's going to be later in the day after the Hillsborough events have occurred (I'm not sure of their precise timings). Alternatively it may be released in the morning prior to the pre-match press conference with whoever is the interim or caretaker manager taking that.

If for whatever reason, the decision is that Martinez continues to the end of the season, then so be it - it will be uncomfortable and give room to those that doubt the ambitions of the board and Moshiri. Even if this was the case (which I doubt) I'm very comfortable with the plans and ambitions he has, for the summer and the development of the club generally.

What are the club waiting for? We know the inevitable is going to happen so why not just end it now and sack him, this will avoid a very toxic match at the weekend regardless of the result. Surely the club know about the planned protests. There is absolutely nothing Martinez can do now to change anyone's mind

win the last 4 games mate. We won two games last season and half the site stopped thinking he was a bad manager ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back