Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.
I don't think he will be doing it though.
I think the city and indeed football pays its respects today.
Then tomorrow, we announce he's gone and Liverpool play a game in the evening.
Hope you'll be right. I was prepared to give him the remaining games but after last weeks debacle he has to go now.

Not at all and I appreciate very much what he has to say, but I don't know where he gets it from do I? He could be wrong couldn't he?
to be fair mate, if a mod on such a big forum is talking out of his/her arse about something it does not reflect well on the quality of the moderating on this site.

ergo, if a mod says something, they have reasons to and therefore you can believe them over anyone else.

He will be still in charge for Saturday and we will win. We will draw at leicester, win at Sunderland and beat Norwich. Martinez will applaud the finish to our season and prepare for the next one.

Sacked? After 3 seasons? That doesn't happen here at Everton I'm afraid.

Despite having big faith in what Esk says I do still have these lingering fears too.

But it should be a new Everton we see where old Everton habits have died. Hard.

Yippee kay yay

IMHO it's merely setting up to remind 'us' that ROBERTO has indeed laid some decent foundations behind the scenes.

It's damage limitation, no more no less, appeasement and nothing more...it's also a bit of sugar for BOB's CV.

Be calm, have a biscuit, it'll all be sorted shortly...and onward the ship will sail.

*though if it's steered by Captain Dyche I'm overboard ASAP
Decent foundations? Guy has a big hole in his foundation covered with his web of bullshit...

its really difficult to sit and wait for what appears to be the inevitable and I am sure most fans will not be happy until it happens and then we know the change is happening.

However our new majority shareholder/owner hasn't got to where he is today by making bad decisions or the right decision but with the wrong timing.

We didn't like the fact he was still manager on Saturday, but Martinez got us to the semi final and whilst after the Derby pressure increased and I changed to wanting him gone at that point. The board were always going to let him have the semi final. He and the team got us there.

Everton the club and company, and how it portrays itself is and will be of great importance to Moshri.

If the board did get rid after the Derby the club would have been ridiculed and criticised in the press and whilst Moshiri will want and I am sure make us more ruthless from a commercial perspective he will make any changes at the right time so that even though the change would be positive overall the timing is not damaging.

We have a corporate business team in charge now. The difference we will see I am sure will be something we would not have expected at the turn of the year, but these changes are and will be done if and when it's right.

Patience as a fan is never easy but I will still say the future is bright.

Thank god for people like @The Esk for keeping us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back