Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early bird deadline for season ticket prices is next week isn't it?

So if the club have any sense they'll bin him today and generate a bit of optimism around the club. I know a lot of blues who have had theirs for years unsure if he's in charge next season.

Its one of those periods of change isn't it, with the future very unknown. We can only assume Mr Moshiri didn't get where he is by tolerating blaggers. I keep thinking how Everton has a very different potential now from that which Martinez came into. I see his role as a sort of caretaker job actually, bridging the gap from Moyes to the era we are about to enter.

Granted this could be my way of dealing with said unknown.

He will be still in charge for Saturday and we will win. We will draw at leicester, win at Sunderland and beat Norwich. Martinez will applaud the finish to our season and prepare for the next one.

Sacked? After 3 seasons? That doesn't happen here at Everton I'm afraid.

I'm afraid there's no 'Everton culture' that corroborates this kind of mindset. The case of Moyes is very specific, very singular, and it would be unwise to assume that one managerial reign was somehow the de facto rule of employment for Everton managers generally. Historically, take a look:

Smith - sacked before three seasons
Royle - gone in just over two years
Walker - didn't last a season
Kendall - club legend sacked after a season

Kenwright's tenure had two managers, one terminated and another that may have lasted too long but never really warranted termination. And now Kenwright's tenure is over.

Even without the tidbits of inside information, all signs point to Martinez leaving the club somewhere between now and the summer.

Not sure about the focus being put on Thursday's presser?? Much as I and many might like it there is little to be gained with an agreed parting of the ways before the season ends. League places are still worth money and I am sure the risk has been weighed between steady ship (albeit hopelessly off course) and temporary leadership. I would hope NONE of the prospective replacements are currently out of work and wont be available until post season so its all about the short term path.We are Everton after all.

Not sure about the focus being put on Thursday's presser?? Much as I and many might like it there is little to be gained with an agreed parting of the ways before the season ends. League places are still worth money and I am sure the risk has been weighed between steady ship (albeit hopelessly off course) and temporary leadership. I would hope NONE of the prospective replacements are currently out of work and wont be available until post season so its all about the short term path.We are Everton after all.
The tipping point is most definitely Thursdays presser

Woolly was the best Mod on here NEA

9Ucyjhq.gif

spot on mate, our new manager probably hasnt been relegated just yet.

I'm fully expecting @theEsk to tell us pretty soon that he's heard something from the board and .."We go with what we've got!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back