Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, dont think Jose is realistic, we can offer him the wages, we can offer him a "warchest", but hes not the long project type, he wants teams that have a chance of winning stuff and I mean real stuff, the CL, the Title, sure he MIGHT be able to get us a CC or an FA Cup, but thats not enough for Jose.

We need somebody with staying power, somebody that enjoys the long project, somebody that values a youth set up, Jose is a winner and would without question be by far the best man for the job, if the job is to be Champion, we aint Champions, we aint even close to being also rans currently.
Do you think it's just not in his make up to take on a project. Like pretty much every club he's had since Porto have manager merry-go-rounds. They're never clubs that stick it out and try and build something they want instant success/results and he's the best at achieving that. Maybe in the more dreamy parts of my mind he's ready to settle down and build something long term. It's not outside the realms of possibility. I definitely don't think he wants to leave the prem and that means us or UTD and I've heard there's some higher ups at UTD dead against him.

Do you think it's just not in his make up to take on a project. Like pretty much every club he's had since Porto have manager merry-go-rounds. They're never clubs that stick it out and try and build something they want instant success/results and he's the best at achieving that. Maybe in the more dreamy parts of my mind he's ready to settle down and build something long term. It's not outside the realms of possibility. I definitely don't think he wants to leave the prem and that means us or UTD and I've heard there's some higher ups at UTD dead against him.

United have revenues that makes the rest of the footballing world cry, despite where they currently sit, we should never lose fact of the sheer size of the club, its a footballing superpower, so whilst he may be happy to play the long haul game at a club like United, I simply cant see him "starting from the bottom" at a club like us.

Im just seeing it from Joses POV.

Every time I check in on this thread the Out vote is higher. Bet it would be even higher than 65% if more people knew they could go in and change their vote.

Logically I think he'll go in the summer with the recent "takeover". The results are obviously unacceptable and it doesn't seem like he has an answer to our issues. I don't think the board will trust him with the new TV money + money from the investor.

Right now I can't think of a suitable replacement available but we now have money to be able to prise away the decent managers (I hope). I just hope if/when he goes the academy structure and plan remains in place because it's really improved over the last few years.

We can only wait and see then.

I mean currently yeah, his job is "safe", but I have thoughts, all manner of evil thoughts, some of these thoughts have us losing our next 3 games, 3 games that normally I would be super positive for, but its eating away at me, Chelsea, Arsenal and United, we lose them and prior to the Watford game, how safe would you consider his job?

But yes, I guess we wait and see, lets HOPE and PRAY my evil thoughts stay in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back