Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did one of them hand in a transfer request last summer?

How do you think Martinez handled it?
well...so my question can't be asked when the point was

"They feel loyal to him. If he goes, they might follow."

And I may be wrong, but last season's transfer request was refused as it was handed in too late to find a replacement?

Upon returning you'll get out of the taxi, briefcase in hand, shout "honey I'm home" and then your eyes will be greeted by the metaphorical GOT house in disrepair:

house-on-fire.jpg

The foundations are still solid.

Upon returning you'll get out of the taxi, briefcase in hand, shout "honey I'm home" and then your eyes will be greeted by the metaphorical GOT house in disrepair:

house-on-fire.jpg
There is a fella standing at the bottom of that pic.. Off topic I know.. But wouldn't you be giving that proper Aaron Lennon toes ?

You know while people on here are talking about the manager and who they want to replace him? - the chairman and the rest of the owners are all oblivious to it and planning with Martinez for next season.

Honest to God, hand on heart, I've never seen this much wasted energy since Gerrard chased forlornly after the disappearing figure of Demba Ba.

Get your heads down lads.

As the rhyme goes: the rich man in his castle, The poor man at his gate, God made them, high or lowly, And ordered their estate.

There are loads of positives from this season.

*Lukaku's first touch is so much better and he's going to smash our Premier League goalscoring record. He's still only in about second or third gear too.
*Barkley has added goals and assists to his game.
*Joel, Oviedo, Besic, Cleverley and Lennon have been given the opportunity to fight for a starting place.
*We've only scored one goal less than Leicester and City.
*We've shown great strength of character in the Carling Cup.
*We're learning how to go far in the Cup competitions.
*The youth system continues to excite.
*How many times have we been soundly beaten? City at home and United on the day Kendall died are the only occasions I can recall.
*We kept hold of Stones when most teams would have taken the money.
*To score 3 goals at Southampton, Stoke, Chelsea and Bournemouth is a fantastic achievement.
*Funes Mori has been an excellent signing.

The goals that we've been conceding have been very frustrating but, the fact that they're similar sorts of goals, means that we should be able to eradicate them more easily. We're not shooting ourselves in the foot getting caught on the ball or passing to the opposition like we were last season.

Leicester, Tottenham and West Ham have had amazing seasons. Arsenal are getting closer and United and City are always going to be around the top 4. We probably would have still missed out on the Champions League even if we hadn't conceded so many late goals. Maybe underachieving might be a blessing in disguise if it gives Roberto the space to experiment with Stones, Jagielka and Funes Mori at the back? It could be the key to turning results around next season.

The problem with our home form is that we over-commit. We send everyone forward and it's too easy to catch us out with a suckerpunch. We might do better to sit back and invite the opposition on to us. Barkley scores from distance but it would be good to have someone picking up the pieces in the box while Lukaku occupies defenders.

Roberto has put together a very exciting side. When have we ever been able to leave Howard, Stones, Baines, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Mirallas etc out before? And we still don't really know what to expect from Niasse.

We have a core group aged 21-26 who could go on and be something very special. Roberto recruited and developed most of them. They feel loyal to him. If he goes, they might follow.

I think Bill is sensible enough to know that we're heading in the right direction though and there are bound to be teething problems. Arsene Wenger has built a fantastic squad but he has still needed several shots at the league to find the winning formula. I believe in Roberto's vision and we're in no danger of relegation, so let him figure things out. We only need tweaks to be challengers.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking.

You know while people on here are talking about the manager and who they want to replace him? - the chairman and the rest of the owners are all oblivious to it and planning with Martinez for next season.

Honest to God, hand on heart, I've never seen this much wasted energy since Gerrard chased forlornly after the disappearing figure of Demba Ba.

As the rhyme goes: the rich man in his castle, The poor man at his gate, God made them, high or lowly, And ordered their estate.

Did you just make that rhyme up?

Anyway I prefer :

170b3610e5255fbda5fb0b0beb7d3688.jpg

Mate, I backed you up big time last night.
Said you were pound for pound best poster on here..

And you start rhyming ?

Lad ??

yep, the truth there

two nil up with thirteen minutes to go and the hits the fan Martinez cant adapt as its plan a only with his happy clapper coaches in full agreement. His press conferences are a laughing stock. Will he get fired? depends on the new shareholder i guess and what influence he can exert

Quite a lot, I imagine.

And it is hard to see him carrying on with Bobby given the complete and utter collapse in his credibility among the fanbase and the football journos.

Unless there us a dramatic improvement I gave no doubt Bib will not be here come August.

And this us all very sad.

There are loads of positives from this season.

*Lukaku's first touch is so much better and he's going to smash our Premier League goalscoring record. He's still only in about second or third gear too.
*Barkley has added goals and assists to his game.
*Joel, Oviedo, Besic, Cleverley and Lennon have been given the opportunity to fight for a starting place.
*We've only scored one goal less than Leicester and City.
*We've shown great strength of character in the Carling Cup.
*We're learning how to go far in the Cup competitions.
*The youth system continues to excite.
*How many times have we been soundly beaten? City at home and United on the day Kendall died are the only occasions I can recall.
*We kept hold of Stones when most teams would have taken the money.
*To score 3 goals at Southampton, Stoke, Chelsea and Bournemouth is a fantastic achievement.
*Funes Mori has been an excellent signing.

The goals that we've been conceding have been very frustrating but, the fact that they're similar sorts of goals, means that we should be able to eradicate them more easily. We're not shooting ourselves in the foot getting caught on the ball or passing to the opposition like we were last season.

Leicester, Tottenham and West Ham have had amazing seasons. Arsenal are getting closer and United and City are always going to be around the top 4. We probably would have still missed out on the Champions League even if we hadn't conceded so many late goals. Maybe underachieving might be a blessing in disguise if it gives Roberto the space to experiment with Stones, Jagielka and Funes Mori at the back? It could be the key to turning results around next season.

The problem with our home form is that we over-commit. We send everyone forward and it's too easy to catch us out with a suckerpunch. We might do better to sit back and invite the opposition on to us. Barkley scores from distance but it would be good to have someone picking up the pieces in the box while Lukaku occupies defenders.

Roberto has put together a very exciting side. When have we ever been able to leave Howard, Stones, Baines, Deulofeu, Pienaar, Mirallas etc out before? And we still don't really know what to expect from Niasse.

We have a core group aged 21-26 who could go on and be something very special. Roberto recruited and developed most of them. They feel loyal to him. If he goes, they might follow.

I think Bill is sensible enough to know that we're heading in the right direction though and there are bound to be teething problems. Arsene Wenger has built a fantastic squad but he has still needed several shots at the league to find the winning formula. I believe in Roberto's vision and we're in no danger of relegation, so let him figure things out. We only need tweaks to be challengers.
How long do you head in the right direction for exactly? Unfortunately you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Martinez will,change his approach and we will suddenly be as good in defence as we are in attack. I honestly believe it is only the quality of our players that has prevented us from being in a dogfight with this charlatan's tactics or lack of them. TAXI!

I can't applaud
this massive fraud
it's time for him to go

when his reign abates
I'll celebrate
with hookers and some blow

For those of you not of a poetic persuasion, the hidden message here is MARTINEZ OUT

Awesome, will it fit on a banner behind a plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back