Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"That’s what we’ve been building over three years. To go to Wembley and go eye-to-eye with a team who challenges for silverware."

For 3 years we've been building to lose to a team we finished above 2 years ago, in the last minute of a semi finaL just like we did 4 years ago. Look at all these stride forwards we've made!

So the club are putting him in the fans firing line?

In all fairness for such a lovely bloke according to the chairman, they are s essentially putting him out for the slaughter. god forbid we don't win on saturday, it will just get worse and worse.

But more to the point, after last week, lose on sat and it will just look incredibly poor decision making on the face of it that he is still there. Hammered in derby, lost semi final, cant beat Bournemouth at home etc. Just overall it makes us look like a mickey mouse club without knowing what esk has said

Sometimes I think that he lives in an alternate universe. I can´t believe the journalists though, didn´t we just lose 4-0 in the derby last week? And we did lose that semi didn´t we? I feel like a North Korean.

image.webp

Everyone reporting in Hughes now being in the reckoning, and Moyes, and Megson! But you know what, i'd have any of them right now just to be rid of this unhinged little beaut!

We'll definitely scrape a win on Saturday, get a result against Champions Leicester (because they'll be half cut), then round out the season with another draw and meaningless win. It'll guarantee him his job :)

For what it's worth having been involved in many press conferences and having hosted them too, I think the assembled media were politely (and off the record) requested not to go for the jugular given the club have advised that a board meeting will be taking place ahead of Saturdays' game to discuss the managers performance and position.

The club would appear to be still in the throes of talking to candidates and actually, if this is indeed the case, they are doing a quite remarkable job in keeping the names of those candidates very closely guarded.

My feeling is that should the team lose on Saturday, then the dismissal of RM would follow on Monday if not before, and an interim internal replacement given first team duties for the remaining three games.

A draw or a win and he will remain in situ on a game-by-game basis until such time as the deal to appoint Jose, er... a new manager has been concluded.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back