Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think im done with everton for the rest of the season now.

I'm personally not going to care about the results we have left, if he is going come the end of the season. the final results of a manager on his last weeks in a job. I expect it to be poor and the results are meaningless.

anyone but roberto i would have cared, just its not even enjoyable to see the same terrible football for the last few times if i have a choice in the matter.

Same, the board deserve the team to be drubbed to prove what a mediocre and pointless club we really are these days.

Worst home record in history
Battered 4-0 by our bitter rivals
Third successive defeat to an underwhelming Man Utd side
Two points away from 16th

Who cares? Because for 45 minutes on Saturday we were ace. Still lost like.

4th.gif

For what it's worth having been involved in many press conferences and having hosted them too, I think the assembled media were politely (and off the record) requested not to go for the jugular given the club have advised that a board meeting will be taking place ahead of Saturdays' game to discuss the managers performance and position.

The club would appear to be still in the throes of talking to candidates and actually, if this is indeed the case, they are doing a quite remarkable job in keeping the names of those candidates very closely guarded.

My feeling is that should the team lose tomorrow, then the dismissal of RM would follow on Monday if not before, and an interim internal replacement given first team duties for the remaining three games.

A draw or a win and he will remain in situ on a game-by-game basis until such time as the deal to appoint Jose, er... a new manager has been concluded.

Thing is tho mate, i can't believe that the club has allowed it to get to this stage in the week to have had a discussion about his future. Last week was an absolute shambles, add to the rest of the season and last and it would be gross mismanagement to let it get to this stage.

Any other business after such poor performance would have done it first thing Monday morning. Hell, other clubs have sacked managers in the corridor directly after a defeat.

I was convinced he was going this week, at worst the end of the season. Right now I am not sure of anything, i didnt want to think that the club would allow him to go into this weekend with all sorts of protest claims going on. Its like watching a deer thats been hit by a car fighting for its life, the club need to put him out of his misery.

Got a hotel and extra match tickets booked for Saturday as I planned to bring my two young lads up with me for their first ever home game, if I had my way I'd sack it all off right now, but they're too excited for me to do that.

It's going to be an awful atmosphere and I reckon I'll just spend the whole day having to explain to them what all the booing is for and why everyone is swearing and looking like they're about to have an aneurism.

Not the experience I wanted for their first Goodison visit. Would have been so different if the board just grew a pair and got rid of him now. Getting beyond a joke now and I'm starting to actively dislike the man rather than just think he's a not very good manager

It's gonna be a struggle for me to get Social Services to take them off you before the weekend but I'm trying my best mate

I can't really understand how people are saying "that doesn't look like somebody who is about to lose their job". Do people expect him to be crying through the press conference? I will be astonished if he is here next season. People just need to be patient and wait for it to happen.

Talksport announcing that a press conference is due very soon !!!!
about a day late there mate lol

also 20 minutes.

the club have kept him away from the media on purpose though, that you can tell. granted it was just to try and steady the boat to make it to the harbor (end of season) but the waves (fans) aren't going to let up before then so they will probably keep him out of sight as much as they can.

For what it's worth having been involved in many press conferences and having hosted them too, I think the assembled media were politely (and off the record) requested not to go for the jugular given the club have advised that a board meeting will be taking place ahead of Saturdays' game to discuss the managers performance and position.

The club would appear to be still in the throes of talking to candidates and actually, if this is indeed the case, they are doing a quite remarkable job in keeping the names of those candidates very closely guarded.

My feeling is that should the team lose tomorrow, then the dismissal of RM would follow on Monday if not before, and an interim internal replacement given first team duties for the remaining three games.

A draw or a win and he will remain in situ on a game-by-game basis until such time as the deal to appoint Jose, er... a new manager has been concluded.

Sounds great and plausable ( although why we have to wait for the new guy to agree the position before sacking the manager at this stage of the season is beyond me ) but on what evidence do you base your assertions ?

I can't really understand how people are saying "that doesn't look like somebody who is about to lose their job". Do people expect him to be crying through the press conference? I will be astonished if he is here next season. People just need to be patient and wait for it to happen.

Preferably yes, whilst looking longingly at a team photo of the 13/14 season and his signed photo of Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back