Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other club would have sacked him already. Swansea have higher expectations than us. Next season is going to be awful with him in charge, and we will fall yet further away from the top half and possibly into a relegation scrap. Joke club.

I'm glad we are giving him another chance, he might over the summer get it right and we could be flying high again.

It's a fine line between success and failure, look at Leicester. Bottom at Christmas last season and then something sparked.

Let it roll, keep him as manager.

Liecester had a new manager to start the season, maybe that was something to do with it.
I doubt massively that the old manger there would of achieved the same as they have this season.

This. Our final 4 games ain't the toughest either, we will beat a Bornemouth side already on the beach in Ibiza comfortably, get a result against a Leicester side that will in all probability have already won the title and and still have bellies full of Champers, get a result against Sunderland and more than likely beat Norwich at home on the final day.

Then it will have been a phenomenal end to the season and show everybody we are heading in the right direction ready for next season!

Sorry, but we need crap results in the last 4 days.

Lesser of two evils isn't it? Never want Everton to lose, but at this point I want Martinez to lose.

Rather bad results in four meaningless games now, than jeopardising 38 by having this failure in charge from August.

So @GrandOldTeam doesn't agree with what @The Esk says is true?

Fat chance anyone else is going to understand the situation.

We all have our opinions.

For a while I've said he's going nowhere yet. He is still here.

Prior Moshiri, there is no chance he would be sacked.

I don't know enough about Moshiri's character, or intent. He's said very little, and I judge someone on their actions.

Whether Martinez stays is, ultimately, down to Moshiri. He comes from Arsenal, perhaps the most loyal club to managers in football, to another. What has he done so far? He promoted Elstone to the board, and we know Kenwright remains very influential is a staunch supporter of the manager.

Is it a fair assumption that the majority of the board - by individuals - back the manager?

With that, I just don't think Martinez being sacked is inevitable as most expect. We're now seeing it, he is still in a job.

If he's going, I think it'll be on Moshiri's demand, against the grain of the board room - and when the season is officially over.

the only thing i still don't get is that the club have effectively not said a word about last week realistically and almost tried to pretend it didn't happen.

there was so much hype and talk of it, even after liverpool the talk was for saturdays match. Now as soon as the final whistle went, the club have effectively shut up shop and chosen not to say anything about it. Pretend like it didn't happen and it will go away.

now i know Martinez is leaving at the end of the season so not kicking off. but if the club in some silly way decided to give him more time next year to finally prove himself then surely they would do that without the fans onside? All it would take is a defeat or whatever and the fans would turn again on the manager? It would be terrible for public image of the club to have a manager the fans want gone kept on and continue to be booed next season. It could do almost irreversible damage to the fan base, it would become the norm to boo the team unfortunately.

We all have our opinions.

For a while I've said he's going nowhere yet. He is still here.

Prior Moshiri, there is no chance he would be sacked.

I don't know enough about Moshiri's character, or intent. He's said very little, and I judge someone on their actions.

Whether Martinez stays is, ultimately, down to Moshiri. He comes from Arsenal, perhaps the most loyal club to managers in football, to another. What has he done so far? He promoted Elstone to the board, and we know Kenwright remains very influential is a staunch supporter of the manager.

Is it a fair assumption that the majority of the board - by individuals - back the manager?

With that, I just don't think Martinez being sacked is inevitable as most expect. We're now seeing it, he is still in a job.

If he's going, I think it'll be on Moshiri's demand, against the grain of the board room - and when the season is officially over.

If anything is going to happen, it will be when the season is finished.

Now, they are probably sounding out a few candidates and none of them might be interested so in the meantime he has a chance to improve the current situation and maybe keep his job for a last chance season.

I think Esk's opinion is a logical one based on how any semi-competent business would work.

However, the problem is that our boardroom, for a long, long time, has been anything but competent, so logic goes out the window.

The only hope is that Moshiri is letting this season pan out before getting to work properly in the summer, because quite clearly at this point the board don't want to sack him right now.

And for that reason, I hope strongly that there's an absolute tidal wave of protest at the game from the fans, because at this point that is what it's going to take to force a bit of common sense on the board over this.

I think you'll find his opinion is based on - that he knows for a fact, that we've been talking to potential successors to Martinez.

That doesn't happen if you've not already decided he's toast.

This. Our final 4 games ain't the toughest either, we will beat a Bornemouth side already on the beach in Ibiza comfortably, get a result against a Leicester side that will in all probability have already won the title and and still have bellies full of Champers, get a result against Sunderland and more than likely beat Norwich at home on the final day.

Then it will have been a phenomenal end to the season and show everybody we are heading in the right direction ready for next season!

Sorry, but we need crap results in the last 4 days.

Games or days? You obviously are talking about the premier league that is played on a daily basis,
you know the one that we are 4th in the table if the games were played daily and not weekly
philosophy of a clown `phenomenal` .............

There was a tweet yesterday (sorry can't post/confirm details) but I definately saw it in my timeline (from @evertonaren't we I think, open to correction) that went something along the lines of Jon Woods proving his value/loyalty to Everton on Friday, the implication I think that he would back Moshiri over Kenwright, the walkout at Anfield being a hint of his unhappiness.

Anyone have any more info? Would given credence to the board disharmony argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back