Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we are delaying sacking him to save 2m quid. If we sacking him now means we finish 1 place higher in the league we would have covered the extra cost to sack him and some (if that's wrong please correct me).
I couldn't care less about the remaining games, they are pointless. I couldn't care less about Roberto's feeling anymore. What i do care about is the players and what effect keeping this muppet in charge will have on them. They already look like they have given up on Roberto and the board must see that they are unhappy. If they stick with the manager, even if just to the end of the season i worry it sends out the wrong message to our players - our big players - and only push them out into seeking away out of the club.

Too many pages of fume to catch up on, but a quick glace at the summary on the Echo site, and this point specifically

Martinez says ‘he’s more capable now to find the final adjustments to make us better’

is enough. Was looking to making the trek down for the Norwich game but really can't justify the time/expense if he's still living in his bubble of delusion on the sidelines.

Can't wait for this season to end.

...if you do go mate seek solace in the fact you'll easily make your money back on the NAISMITH 1st goal bet...;)

the blokes lost his mind and mnore importantly he has lost the CHANGING ROOM.

he knows it, we know it, the board know it so why hasnt anything been done.

we really do know how to mess things right up. get him gone and start planning for next year instead of dragging this mighty club thro the ringer for everyone to laugh at.

I think this is now the case. I think Kenwright is fighting for Martinez.

If that is the case, we're rapidly approaching the point where we may need Everton to lose the majority of our next four games so as to force the sacking; otherwise we might have this bell in charge at the start of next season.

Now I'm worried. I really did not expect to see RM doing the presser this morning.

What if he were to win the last four games, that would make him harder to sack. Why take that risk of not sacking him now. We don't need an instant replacement ready to start tomorrow, we can easily cobble together a caretaker committee of Sheedy, Unsie and Big Dunc, with Joe Royle there for advice if needed, and get through to the end of the season.

It just doesn't sit right, the board know all the bad feeling (even hate) towards Martinez, and the protests that are being planned, so even if they were willing to let him see the season out and then give him the boot, then surely for the benefit of everyone they could easily come out and said "by mutual consent Roberto Martinez will be leaving at the end of the season" that way fans are happy that something is being done, therefore no protests Saturday, no ill feeling etc.

At the end of the day, like you say, if we win the last 4 games, the board (BK) are going to make it harder for him to be sacked.

I reiterate - what difference does it make at this stage of the season whether our preferred candidate is available or agreeable to the position?

If we were in a relegation scrap or still in a transfer window I would completely accept this argument but as things stand we are better off sacking Martinez now with or without a replacement lined up.

There are four
alternatives it seems to me ;

1. You are correct ( makes no sense to me to keep him hanging)
2. He is going to be kept on - god forbid
3. Moshiri is feeding him to the wolves to force a resignation and save a few bob
4. The rumour about having to pay him an extra £2 million if he is sacked before 2nd June is true

I can't offer answers, merely my opinions based on previous experience in sport.
However, point by point...
1. I tend to agree that keeping him hanging makes no real sense to me either, in fact it could be considered cruel.
2. I think there is more chance of us all plaiting fog and juggling soot than RM being retained.
3. Possibly, but that would not put Mr.Moshiri in a good light so early in his tenure as the newest and major shareholder.
4. Possibly, and it's countered well by the argument that with every place lower in the table that we finish, it costs us money.

I'm glad we are giving him another chance, he might over the summer get it right and we could be flying high again.

It's a fine line between success and failure, look at Leicester. Bottom at Christmas last season and then something sparked.

Let it roll, keep him as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back