Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He will end up trying a new tactic on Saturday as well now, 2 up fro

Our new centre forward partnership?

tumblr_ly7t8y2jFl1rnmzomo1_500.jpg
Funny-Hair-Of-Woman.jpg

I think this is now the case. I think Kenwright is fighting for Martinez.

If that is the case, we're rapidly approaching the point where we may need Everton to lose the majority of our next four games so as to force the sacking; otherwise we might have this bell in charge at the start of next season.
Kenwright can faun over him all he wants, it's Moshiri's call.

I have absolutely no doubt that Martinez is a dead man walking.

I'm half surprised that they've not put him out of his misery, but they're obviously trying to leave him with a grain of dignity. However, they've miscalculated if the atmosphere on Saturday is as we all fully expect it to be.

If that is the case, we're rapidly approaching the point where we may need Everton to lose the majority of our next four games so as to force the sacking; otherwise we might have this bell in charge at the start of next season.

That bit shouldn't be a problem!

Start to protesting about the pathetic excuse we have as a chairman too on Saturday and not just the manager,we are nothing but a laughing stock at the moment and very small time too.

I do think the Hillsborough stuff has maybe given Martinez a stay of execution this week. Kenwright would not have wanted to create any distraction - rightly so.
I do think to let him stay to the end of the season risks hanging him out to dry though. He's going to face intense pressure at home games, and the idea of him completing a lap of honour at the end of the season - UNLESS it's already been confirmed he's going - is just laughable. He'll get absolute pelters and it will leave a bad taste in the mouth for everyone.

On that actually, I wonder if Bill is trying to stage manage the exit so that he can leave on a high. Don't put him through the ignominy of sacking him before the season's end, and give him the kindest possible send off by announcing he's going before the last game, and letting him have a round of applause on the lap of honour - safe in the knowledge that the fans won't be too bothered about barracking him if they already know he's going?

End of the day, Kenwright is such a big softy, I can see this appealing.

So @GrandOldTeam doesn't agree with what @The Esk says is true?

Fat chance anyone else is going to understand the situation.

I think Esk's opinion is a logical one based on how any semi-competent business would work.

However, the problem is that our boardroom, for a long, long time, has been anything but competent, so logic goes out the window.

The only hope is that Moshiri is letting this season pan out before getting to work properly in the summer, because quite clearly at this point the board don't want to sack him right now.

And for that reason, I hope strongly that there's an absolute tidal wave of protest at the game from the fans, because at this point that is what it's going to take to force a bit of common sense on the board over this.

This. Our final 4 games ain't the toughest either, we will beat a Bornemouth side already on the beach in Ibiza comfortably, get a result against a Leicester side that will in all probability have already won the title and and still have bellies full of Champers, get a result against Sunderland and more than likely beat Norwich at home on the final day.

Then it will have been a phenomenal end to the season and show everybody we are heading in the right direction ready for next season!

Sorry, but we need crap results in the last 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back