Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic. Does he want the Board to give him the money to buy players like Niasse and Mc Geedy. Did Ranieri need the money?
I do not like bringing up Moyes but by his own admission Moyes delivered placing us Top 7 most of the time

He deserves all the boos etc which are being planned on Saturday

Too many pages of fume to catch up on, but a quick glace at the summary on the Echo site, and this point specifically

Martinez says ‘he’s more capable now to find the final adjustments to make us better’

is enough. Was looking to making the trek down for the Norwich game but really can't justify the time/expense if he's still living in his bubble of delusion on the sidelines.

Can't wait for this season to end.
Again when the local media are on his side then what hope do we have

I would have accepted confirmation of his departure today, even if this meant he was remaining in charge for the remaining 4 games. I can't believe there is not some majority consensus that he should be sacked, it seems to me as a punter that there are obstacles standing in the way which the board cannot manage to clear, whether this is discord at board level or some contractual matter, who knows?

We have to have faith in Moshiri but he is being hit badly in my eyes by this indecision and indecisiveness, whatever it's root cause. I tried to overlook Kenwright and Elstone remaining on the board, but it seems even if Kenwright has no authority in the strict sense, he certainly appears to have influence, and its understandable to think that he is fighting Martinez' corner in all this. In the meantime, the fans suffer and we can't get on with a fresh start.

No mate am just like everyone else who wants him gone, not one statement from
The club on anything, another 4 nil defeat in the Derby, getting beat in the semi final by ANOTHER last minute goal, but yet here he is all smiles telling us how we are all hurting and how he wants to turn it all round etc, I really do trust the esk but nothing at all points to him being gone,
If you trust the esk why do.you say nothing points to him been gone.. he has said it on numerous occasions

Did I hear right that he said "I don't want to be judged on the 9th biggest budget" basically referring to spending or wages? If he did, then we are underperforming on that too.

He is a nutter. Club had the opportunity to make a big statement to the fans and players by sacking him and coming out saying we will not put up with prolonged mediocrity. Silly now
Exactly the bit that struck a chord with me too. Basically the absolute beaut is getting that in to try and make it look like we're not underachieving by that much considering how little we spend.

It's clear now we have to take matters in to our own hands, protests simply have to be made on Saturday loud and clear.

And for those that come out with "oh but that's not the Everton way" well you can all shove that right up your hairy hoops!!!

Impressive post you made there but I have to pull you and whoever else up on this part.

Since Martinez took over... (BM being before Martinez and AM being After)

John Stones
BM Promising young lad from Barnsley, predominantly played at right back with no top flight games.
AM England regular subject of a big money bid from one of the "biggest" clubs around.

Ross Barkley
BM A bit of an enigma who could barely get a game at Sheffield Wednesday. Was in and around the first team squad at best.
AM A key player for Everton and a regular England international.

Romelu Lukaku
BM Always a goalscorer but lacking in his all round game and hung out to dry by his former manager to the point where he was no longer wanted by a "big" club
AM Still a great goalscorer but with a much better all round game. His touch has improved massively (ignoring last week...) and has value has doubled. Now wanted by "big" clubs.

Brendan Galloway
BM Playing on and off for MK Dons
AM Made a name for himself at the start of the season and showed that he can fill in at left back. His stock his risen under Martinez.

And thats before we look at the less obvious young players like Besic who had the worst possible start to his Everton career imaginable, Robles who is coming on week by week and Deulofeo who was on the scrap heap in Spanish football.

Fair one mate – some of the youngsters have had time on the pitch and much greater exposure under Bob but something has not gone right – some appeared to be making great steps forward then grind to a halt (such as Del) - the net effect is that they are not exactly delivering on the pitch for Everton FC.

I'm not saying that he hasn’t tried to develop some of our youngsters and given them chances, however, as individuals their heads are down - hence the reason why Jags is having to shout at "Rosco" in the tunnel to make it clear that we are not booing him (some might be?). The team cohesion has gone – Baines clarified that for us – rumours that some of our brightest and potentially best for the future (and should be for the now) want out, Rom & Stones etc etc

It is ultimately about bringing all of the aspects together and delivering results on the pitch - he is failing to do that and the nature of that failure is up there with the worst that I’ve seen in my 50 years.

Ultimately it doesn't change the fact that he has already lost far too many important aspects – players, elements of the crowd, so called pundits (not that most of them matter in any way), elements of the media (not that most of them matter in any way).

Personally I can’t see any way forward with him still in the chair and I’m quite shocked to see his big smile in the press room this morning.

I will still get to Goodison at every opportunity that I can (failing that I stream every match somewhere and somehow), and I will still support Everton FC unequivocally until my dying day, regardless of who is in charge and whatever success or sorry state they may deliver – I’d just rather it was the success piece which I’m really struggling to see that Roberto could now turn around and deliver.

There is no doubt in my mind if Bill was not at this club he'd have been sacked for the Derby and F.A Cup results.

I don't think Bill will try to stand in Moshiri's way, but I do think Bill wants to let him see out the season and leave with minimal fuss "By mutual consent".

If Bill wants to risk every home game from now being like a bear pit then that's up to him, whatever you say Martinez is a nice fella, I'm a little uncomfortable about the fans abusing him.

The main thing here for us is he won't be managing us next season, we have a lot to look forward to in the summer.

We're not a small club, we are an unsuccessful club.

It's sad but true. It's not going to change whilst Señor Soundbite is in charge...

Kenwright is a disgrace for allowing it to get to this stage

This is the most sensible post on here this morning IMO.

Bobby should have been gone several weeks ago.

That he was still here when we faced our "defining week" is indeed dusgraceful but it is a disgrace on Bill's behalf.

Total disrespect towards fans

There must be big protests. ..if not...we dont even deserve better

Here's a thought; Candidate A, or B & C for all I/we know is coming down to the wire ( and it's usually the severance package that takes the real time) re signing, If they sack Martinez out of hand, he has the upper hand. I don't think The Mosh got where he is today ( to quote CJ) by not having the upper hand if he could help it.

Everybody; take off the panic head and put on the thinking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back