Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst home record in history
Battered 4-0 by our bitter rivals
Third successive defeat to an underwhelming Man Utd side
Two points away from 16th

Who cares? Because for 45 minutes on Saturday we were ace. Still lost like.

4th.gif

The Man Utd thing is a bit unfair. The stuff on the morning of the home game knocked the stuffing out of everyone. I have never been to such a weird game atmosphere wise. And the cup semi United were in a phenomenal moment of form....

My point being that it pays for any compensation he's due. Why keep him and all of us dangling until the summer. This is a farce.
I just don't see the point in getting frustrated, there's no need to rush the damage has been done.

It's really not something four wins on the bounce at the end of the season would fix. Not that this will happen in a million years anyway I'd be surprised if we won half that.

That right there tells me why he will still be in charge come our first game of next season
Does he make the decision on whether he stays or goes?
Has anyone from the board come out and backed the manager?

Why do his comments this morning change anything about the situation?

I nearly ripped open with cringe at that part where he took a long pause/pointed look and said the words '9th highest budget in the league'... so which is it, are we 'able to compete with anyone in the league financially' or are we just punching above our weight? (We're not if we're 11th).

stones was 19 now 21, hasnt improved his defensive game one iota
barkley still hit and miss, doesnt understand his role and allowed to get away with being lazy
lukaku great goalscorer, all round game not improved much at all
galloway would in all likelihood be a better player if he'd stayed at mk dons for last couple of seasons.

All opinions isnt it?

What is not opinion is all of those players stock his risen in that time and that is down to Martinez.

Well yes, something of an educated guess, but I'd refrain from calling the journos incompetent.

I've been involved in sports press conferences, both here in the UK and in the US, where there was a distinct possibility of the kind of mayhem some on here and other forums might have wished to see... and it was/can be defused by polite, pre-conference work by the hosting party.

I would again suggest that such a defusing exercise was made by the club today to afford the club a little extra time to conclude negotiations before wielding the axe. I have no doubt that the axe is being sharpened and it will fall, but the timing of the fall - is in my opinion - intrinsically linked to the conclusion of the managerial appointment process.

I reiterate - what difference does it make at this stage of the season whether our preferred candidate is available or agreeable to the position?

If we were in a relegation scrap or still in a transfer window I would completely accept this argument but as things stand we are better off sacking Martinez now with or without a replacement lined up.

There are four
alternatives it seems to me ;

1. You are correct ( makes no sense to me to keep him hanging)
2. He is going to be kept on - god forbid
3. Moshiri is feeding him to the wolves to force a resignation and save a few bob
4. The rumour about having to pay him an extra £2 million if he is sacked before 2nd June is true

Mate you need to chill.
No mate am just like everyone else who wants him gone, not one statement from
The club on anything, another 4 nil defeat in the Derby, getting beat in the semi final by ANOTHER last minute goal, but yet here he is all smiles telling us how we are all hurting and how he wants to turn it all round etc, I really do trust the esk but nothing at all points to him being gone,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back