Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is widely accepted that his leadership and coaching has had adverse effects on some of our young stars, this has clearly affected their individual game, is clearly taking its toll on their individual confidence and is fundamentally undermining Team Cohesion. The longer he stays the more these affects are exacerbated.

Impressive post you made there but I have to pull you and whoever else up on this part.

Since Martinez took over... (BM being before Martinez and AM being After)

John Stones
BM Promising young lad from Barnsley, predominantly played at right back with no top flight games.
AM England regular subject of a big money bid from one of the "biggest" clubs around.

Ross Barkley
BM A bit of an enigma who could barely get a game at Sheffield Wednesday. Was in and around the first team squad at best.
AM A key player for Everton and a regular England international.

Romelu Lukaku
BM Always a goalscorer but lacking in his all round game and hung out to dry by his former manager to the point where he was no longer wanted by a "big" club
AM Still a great goalscorer but with a much better all round game. His touch has improved massively (ignoring last week...) and has value has doubled. Now wanted by "big" clubs.

Brendan Galloway
BM Playing on and off for MK Dons
AM Made a name for himself at the start of the season and showed that he can fill in at left back. His stock his risen under Martinez.

And thats before we look at the less obvious young players like Besic who had the worst possible start to his Everton career imaginable, Robles who is coming on week by week and Deulofeo who was on the scrap heap in Spanish football.

He will be here until the summer whether we like it or not.

I'm not fussed myself, season is over - nothing to play for. What difference is 11th or 16th, whatever it ends up being its been a horrific underachievement by the players and staff.

If he's still here in July I'll start to panic.

About 6.2million quid, like.

"Merit money starts with £1,236,083 for the 20th place and £1,236,083 will be added to each position rising up the table. (which means champions will pocket £24.7 million in merit based money) – Confirmed"

Funny how structured and designed that was.

Even if it is Pellegrini lined up to take over or another manager currently employed elsewhere, I can't see how keeping him in charge and not putting Undsworth or Royle in, will benefit the players, fans or club itself.

It's just a pointless really.

Maybe ask him if he considers finishing in the bottom half of the league two season´s running is mediocre?

So ask questions that everybody all knows the answer to?

I agree its mediocre. I guess the main point is do we deem mediocrity as a sackable offence? And before we all jump in with a big "YES!" lets not forget that we have been mediocre for about 30 years now.

Couple of years ago "You don't need money to compete it only accelerates the process"

Now, crying he hasn't had enough to spend.

Blame everyone and everything but yourself, the Roberto way.

Get this man out of our club.

About 6.2million quid, like.

"Merit money starts with £1,236,083 for the 20th place and £1,236,083 will be added to each position rising up the table. (which means champions will pocket £24.7 million in merit based money) – Confirmed"
What's that less than half a Niasse? You can keep it.

So , an educated guess based on incompetant journalists not asking the questions that they should have been asking for the last 6 months.

Thanks for your insight - I hope that you are correct

Well yes, something of an educated guess, but I'd refrain from calling the journos incompetent.

I've been involved in sports press conferences, both here in the UK and in the US, where there was a distinct possibility of the kind of mayhem some on here and other forums might have wished to see... and it was/can be defused by polite, pre-conference work by the hosting party.

I would again suggest that such a defusing exercise was made by the club today to afford the club a little extra time to conclude negotiations before wielding the axe. I have no doubt that the axe is being sharpened and it will fall, but the timing of the fall - is in my opinion - intrinsically linked to the conclusion of the managerial appointment process.

The grey area of course will be what transpires at Goodison on Saturday. If as many suggest, the atmosphere is beyond levels of toxicity previously seen, then that's another issue for the club to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back