Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The assumption is that Moshiri is ambitious - but ambitious for what?

If you listen to any of a significant and growing % of Arsenal fans you'll know they're tearing their hair out about the perceived lack of ambition at their place and have been for several years.

Moshiri has no responsibility for the situation Arsenal was/are in. He was an invester nothing else.

Fair take on the situation that.

Not so much.

When a person like the esk states something as categoric and doesn't use words such as could / should / maybe / it's possible and repeatedly uses the same careful language it's reasonable to suppose that what he is expressing is not an opinion but the facts.

Presumably the person who knows him best on this site is G O T who's said at least a couple of times that his opinion is at variance with this, it's confusing at the least.

Not so much.

When a person like the esk states something as categoric and doesn't use words such as could / should / maybe / it's possible and repeatedly uses the same careful language it's reasonable to suppose that what he is expressing is not an opinion but the facts.

Presumably the person who knows him best on this site is G O T who's said at least a couple of times that his opinion is at variance with this, it's confusing at the least.

Not that any of this is of real importance when the club's future is at stake.

Whats his nationality got to do with it?
Can we please, please, please stop calling him a Spanish whatever or El something?
I have no doubt people dont mean anything by it but it just looks horrible. He can be a clown without being a Spanish clown.

Is that just a bit of unnecessary political correctness creeping in - he is Spanish though isn't he???

Political correctness has no legal basis and when insisted upon as though it does is a contributor to the sort of confusion that can cloud the real issues such as racism.

Would you get so excited if someone was calling Hitler a German mass murdering scumbag or would it simply have to be mass murdering scumbag to cater for your nationality sensitivity?

Tom Jones the Welsh singer to simply be a singer

Etc

Etc

Etc

Is that just a bit of unnecessary political correctness creeping in - he is Spanish though isn't he???

Political correctness has no legal basis and when insisted upon as though it does is a contributor to the sort of confusion that can cloud the real issues such as racism.

Would you get so excited if someone was calling Hitler a German mass murdering scumbag or would it simply have to be mass murdering scumbag to cater for your nationality sensitivity?

Etc

Etc

Etc
austrian.....

Not so much.

I didn't actually say @GrandOldTeam is correct and I agree with him...just that as he explained himself well and I can understand his take on the situation.

I personally think they may both be correct.

I believe that as @The Esk says, the Board or Mr Moshiri are actively speaking to top end Managers they would like to employ, but unless they get the right man for the position, are prepared to go again with Roberto rather than a Manager that doesn't appeal. Hence the non sacking this week which would seem to be the right time if they were adamant to get rid of Martinez.

Etc

Etc

Etc

Let's stay on topic, and this site has consistently asked posters not to use disrespectful terms towards Martinez including references to his nationality.

I didn't actually say @GrandOldTeam is correct and I agree with him...just that as he explained himself well and I can understand his take on the situation.

I personally think they may both be correct.

I believe that as @The Esk says, the Board or Mr Moshiri are actively speaking to top end Managers they would like to employ, but unless they get the right man for the position, are prepared to go again with Roberto rather than a Manager that doesn't appeal. Hence the non sacking this week which would seem to be the right time if they were adamant to get rid of Martinez.

You obviously work for thee U N!

Whats his nationality got to do with it?

Can we please, please, please stop calling him a Spanish whatever or El something?

I have no doubt people dont mean anything by it but it just looks horrible. He can be a clown without being a Spanish clown.
Were you as offended when he was called "Everton's new Spanish manager" in his first year here, or did you insist he's not Spanish then as well? I mean he is Spanish after all? lol

Plus clowns are great.

Let's stay on topic, and this site has consistently asked posters not to use disrespectful terms towards Martinez including references to his nationality.
Correct, he is still our manager and without doubt will be doing his best for us

I find all this a bit disrespectful at times, but I suppose there is not much other way of letting our feelings known. Its not pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back