Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian nailed it here.

Everton are a closed shop these days, and have been for years.

Moshiri is exhibit 1. Everyone was saying the Americans was a done deal, then out of nowhere - Moshiri.

I don't have any insider information, I'm just presenting my own opinion on things, just like everyone else is. My comments don't deserve or warrant any greater scrutiny than any other fan.

All true mate.

I also don't expect the club to come out randomly and go SURPRISE! HE IS SACKED! lol

which i think the point all along i have been wishing for is just some communication from the club to the fans. right now the fans could well protest the inevitable sacking on Saturday. when you actually think about that logically, fans protesting to get rid of manager whilst the board behind doors are already preparing for life without him? It seems ridiculous!

As there is nothing to play for now apart from potential embarrassing results to come, things can only get worse for the manager who for all intents and purposes could be already looking for a new job in secret.

but unless they get the right man for the position, are prepared to go again with Roberto rather than a Manager that doesn't appeal.

If that is the scenario, that they are unable to attract/secure a "top quality" manager and were left with no alternative than to go again with RM, then that is a massive, massive gamble to take, with or without the current feeling within the fan base.

Season One was very good, up until we got tonked across the park and then the wheels came very loose indeed.
Season Two, barring the EL campaign until Kiev away, was a huge disappointment.
Season Three has seen only occasional glimpses of what this squad are capable of and has been an even greater disappointment.

RM suggested this morning that he be judged on his three seasons to date and not the past few weeks/months.

Well, and with the greatest of respect to the BoD, if they really think that on the evidence of these three seasons that RM should be given another full season, then I hope they're prepared for a rough ride... as if that is the case and it starts anything like as badly as the last two seasons have panned out... I cannot imagine the angst that would follow.

The first part of your comment is correct, but there's no suggestion that Martinez would stay in the absence of a "suitable" candidate. The club will find a suitable and very high quality replacement, we are offering a compelling proposition.
Then that would fall in line with my initial thought, if they find the right man Roberto is out.

The drubbing at anfield
The record of only 4 home wins
The amount of goals we our shipping with the 3 English international defenders we have
The feeble way in which we lost 2 semi finals
The Niasse signing
Kenwright telling the fans he is a very nice man
The lack of direction/ambition from the club
Getting banners taken off supporters before a match

I have had enough, give the fraud hell on sat.

I feel embarrassed that he is still our manager after the Derby alone.

"The signs are there"

Golden-Retriever-With-Tennis-Balls-Hp.jpg

Don't care about the manager now. Just want the dawggy.

If that is the scenario, that they are unable to attract/secure a "top quality" manager and were left with no alternative than to go again with RM, then that is a massive, massive gamble to take, with or without the current feeling within the fan base.
You think if they sack Roberto for a Mark Hughes/David Moyes type the fanbase will be impressed? Why give someone else a 3 year contract when they can give Roberto until Christmas and keep looking for the right replacement?

Thing is about martinez having a chance of staying here, reminds me of an analogy.

You own a tv, was a bargain and worked well but for a while now it is prone to smoking and bursting into flames at random occasions. You spend a lot of your time therefore fighting the fire when you should be enjoying watching the tv.

You go out to get a new one because the current tv just isnt good enough, you want a top of the range one but struggle to get one in your budget or whatever

Would you go back to the tv set that is prone to fires again or would you at least get the best you can possibly get in your budget to avoid having to put the fires out regularly?

You think if they sack Roberto for a Mark Hughes/David Moyes type the fanbase will be impressed? Why give someone else a 3 year contract when they can give Roberto until Christmas and keep looking for the right replacement?

A £100m + on the likes of Slithery, Niasse etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back