Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really isn't though is it? They should have shown a pair and sacked him already as probably every other top club would have by now...

It's not how we roll, as the kids say.

He'll see out the end of the season then they'll make a decision.

Honestly think the board are in favour of sacking him, but I think how the fans react for the remaining games will push them make it definitive.

*dressing room not changing room lol

but yes, that will be the biggest factor in all of this that people fial to mention. the players don't want to play for the manager anymore which is quite clear. So either sell all the players or replace an under performing manager, simple choice really.

Why give him money and time to invest in the team if the current players don't want him here?

:blush:

There really is though - sack him, put one of the backroom staff in charge for four meaningless games, interview candidates for the job, hire best option.

It's not hard to do.

I agree and if it had been down to me, that's exactly what I'd have done and moved David Unsworth into the role temporarily with Joe Royle asked to oversee.

I can't recall who said that being a football fan is akin to "being in a lifelong unhappy marriage without any possibility of divorce" My relationship with Everton is like that. I keep making excuses for them, keep rationalising their disappointing/unacceptable behaviour, and come back for more time and again.

"They'll sack him at the end of (last ) season"
"They'll sack him after the league cup semi final"
"They'll sack him after the derby embarrassment"
"They'll sack him after the F.A. Cup Semi-Final"
"Theyll sack him next week"
"They'll sack him in the summer"

I invest time,money,love,energy into Everton. I do so because it is a big part of my life. I want to see the club I grew up to adore to strive to be the best, never settling for 2nd or worse. This is a pipe dream. I feel if I could have 30 seconds to speak to the baord from the heart, they would see how much I and thousands of others care so deeply. Martinez would surely be out the door then.

Nothing at all against Martinez, we are just stuck in such a bad situation at present - toxic is the word used - do the decent thing not least for him and send him on his way, Everton.

It's not how we roll, as the kids say.

He'll see out the end of the season then they'll make a decision.

Honestly think the board are in favour of sacking him, but I think how the fans react for the remaining games will push them make it definitive.

Why is moshri going to invest and give Martinez his money to pee up the wall? If like some of our fans aren't bothered? There's 4 games left we already aren't

Martinez isn't getting moshris money fact. He's got an investment/ business project now and moshri will soon be in control

Hope Bobby has a really thick skin

I honestly think he will be in for a shock with all the hostilities coming his way

But the board have not covered them selves in glory by prolonging this and the rumours of Mark Hughes ?!?!?!?!

Do me a favour Mark Hughes ? I'd rather have Moyes TBH

I might just give up on football

That right there tells me why he will still be in charge come our first game of next season
Fans expect that things just happen overnight , a manager is sacked, he walks away, another manager just walks out on another job and then a couple of days later walks in the door at Goodison.

It's probably twenty years since it was anything close to being this simple.
There are existing contracts in place which will have conditions that we as ordinary fans are not aware. The managers will have a length of time to run on existing contracts and it has to be agreed about how much is paid up front and what happens if he gets another job. There will be loyalty bonuses and probably a commercial aspect to the contract as well. Of course , that is only the start as you are also dealing with an agent and possibly other advisors.

That is to get a manager out the door.

Can you imagine the negotiations to get a new manager in the door at the same time. A new manager that by all accounts may be of a higher profile and status than previous managers at Everton.
The guarantees they will require about availability of transfer fees, control regarding selling and buying players , academy and goodness knows what else.
Of course the managers contract and agent fees have to be agreed as well.

I genuinely believe and have said previously that last week was a defining week for the manager. A draw at Anfield and a win last Saturday and the manager would have bought himself time . That didn't happen and I think the process to replace him is only starting.

Fans require patience and a lit bit of intelligent thought.

Evertonian's don't do protest, it's kopite / Geordie behaviour apparently. In other words, we just show apathy, towards everything, apart from of course bitterness to our more successful and more ambitious neighbours from the same city, we are world leaders in that department.

People not going will possibly show the apathy and lack of interest, which is now further heightened by the way the board have once again underperformed this week.

Everton fans have varied views between themselves on what's the best way, that's why the fan base is so fractured

*dressing room not changing room lol

but yes, that will be the biggest factor in all of this that people fial to mention. the players don't want to play for the manager anymore which is quite clear. So either sell all the players or replace an under performing manager, simple choice really.

Why give him money and time to invest in the team if the current players don't want him here?

Tickled me too!

That could be a debate worthy of its own thread - why is it a dressing room at a footy club - its not in school or when you take your kids to the baths, or in the park footy clubhouse they are all changies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back