Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what BK and Mosh are up to but I would like to know what kind of self respecting Journo would report on that nonsense.

If it wasn't stage managed as it seems then they should be hanging their heads in shame for letting him off so lightly.

You would think Martinez losing the changing room would be playing a huge part in whether he stays.
*dressing room not changing room lol

but yes, that will be the biggest factor in all of this that people fial to mention. the players don't want to play for the manager anymore which is quite clear. So either sell all the players or replace an under performing manager, simple choice really.

Why give him money and time to invest in the team if the current players don't want him here?

You think if they sack Roberto for a Mark Hughes/David Moyes type the fanbase will be impressed? Why give someone else a 3 year contract when they can give Roberto until Christmas and keep looking for the right replacement?

Not at all mate, I'd be livid if they appointed Moyes, Hughes or quite a few of the other names being bandied around.

I get what you're saying about sticking with RM and continuing to look, as it also seems unlikely that RM would be willing to fall on his own sword.

However if that were to be the case and things went badly resultswise, then an early/mid-season appointment might be even harder to achiev as all the 'top quality' managers will be in jobs.

An early/mid-season change would likely cost a lot more than making the change now/during the summer... as the appointee could have the club by the short and curlies in package negotiation as we'd more than likely be a little desperate... plus, there would still be a severance package to factor into the costing.

It's a helluva situation that the club is in and there's no easy answer.

Think Kenwright is under the impression it's only a small percentage that want Martinez out, the truth will out come Saturday, there will be nowhere to hide.

I hope you are right and the most apathetic fans in the Prem actually make themselves heard

Not at all mate, I'd be livid if they appointed Moyes, Hughes or quite a few of the other names being bandied around.

I get what you're saying about sticking with RM and continuing to look, as it also seems unlikely that RM would be willing to fall on his own sword.

However if that were to be the case and things went badly resultswise, then an early/mid-season appointment might be even harder to achiev as all the 'top quality' managers will be in jobs.

An early/mid-season change would likely cost a lot more than making the change now/during the summer... as the appointee could have the club by the short and curlies in package negotiation as we'd more than likely be a little desperate... plus, there would still be a severance package to factor into the costing.

It's a helluva situation that the club is in and there's no easy answer.

There really is though - sack him, put one of the backroom staff in charge for four meaningless games, interview candidates for the job, hire best option.

It's not hard to do.

*dressing room not changing room lol

but yes, that will be the biggest factor in all of this that people fial to mention. the players don't want to play for the manager anymore which is quite clear. So either sell all the players or replace an under performing manager, simple choice really.

Why give him money and time to invest in the team if the current players don't want him here?

Made me laugh this * changing room lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back