Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed- I dread to think what will happen if we concede an early goal. I can't decide whether to go or not truth be told.
We are VERY lucky Bournemouth are already safe. Still, Wilson is coming back from injury and will still cause us problems if he starts.

Ha. Worried about getting beat by Bournemouth. State of me eh.

Why do people say "It's not Everton" to sack a manager? Of course it is, we've been doing it for generations.

When i was a kid it was a running joke - Harvey, Kendall, Walker, Royle, Kendall again and Smith all came and went in the space of about 10 years. Just because Moyes stayed a long time doesn't mean it's a club tradition. He stayed because in the main he was producing results that the board and the majority of fans were happy with, so sacking him made no sense. Not the same now by a long shot. Liverpool never used to sack managers, but they do now. United had the same bloke for 30 years, but look likely to sack 2 in the 3 years since he left.

I can't believe he's lasted this long, but no way he'll be here come July. If he is, there'll be at least one less season ticket holder next season, because there's no chance i'll be going to watch a team that's seemingly accepted a slide into oblivion.

Why do I have this horrible feeling that our new manager is going to be moyes. Only just thought this today, he's getting far to much coverage

They cut the audio at the start, so you might not have been able to hear it, but did anyone else see this person following Martinez into the press conference?

giphy.gif

Or;
The Candidate is still employed, he may not even live local. He can't do what many of us can when getting an Interview, throw a sickie or nip off early.

My biggest issue here is not what is happening to Martinez but what happens in the Summer if we do sack him.....I hope they have someone ready to take over straight away as I would hate to miss out on new players because we delay appointing someone 2 weeks before the season kicks off....A lot of transfers are already being negotiated and if they are sacking RM we will be too far behind other clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back