Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the assumption then that Martinez is staying in the short term for financial reasons or that it would simply make for a smoother transition to do it once the season is over.

Everton Football Club looks shameful today, it really does.
Every blue knows what should have been done and yet we are trying to find reasons for those who will not do what is best for us , the fans.
If this is a sign of things to come it could two more decades before we see a club ready to challenge for the top honours in the game.
I am sorry but I cannot have these whispers from inside the club of what might happen in a few days, weeks or months.
As a fan, I see a manager who is getting paid £3M notes a year to us tell every Thursday and post games a bunch of lies to our faces.
As a fan, I see a board who are incapable of acting in the best interests of us all except for themselves.
Rotten and shameful to the last drop

Is the assumption then that Martinez is staying in the short term for financial reasons or that it would simply make for a smoother transition to do it once the season is over.

I think the main asumption from the majority is that this is a significant mistake for which we can see no logic or anything positive to be gained.

I would have thought that the sort of money involved is insignificant in the TV deal Moshiri's piggy bank scheme of things. As for a smoother transition - when the manager goes, he goes end of. He does not hang around for a few weeks to prepare a formal handover for his successor and have a couple of leaving parties.

I just dont get it?????????????????????

There is no footballing reason for him to still be at the club, as right now its doing more harm then good, I can only presume its coming down to another side of things. Severance, Compo etc.

Though i highly doubt its the £2m being banded about.

I think the main asumption from the majority is that this is a significant mistake for which we can see no logic or anything positive to be gained.

I would have thought that the sort of money involved is insignificant in the TV deal Moshiri's piggy bank scheme of things. As for a smoother transition - when the manager goes, he goes end of. He does not hang around for a few weeks to prepare a formal handover for his successor and have a couple of leaving parties.

but "we're everton we do things differently". Moshiri needs to step up and stamp his authority now

I agree with you... just trying to get my head around the boards decision... although, that way madness lies.

Sickening is that...puking my guts out..
The more this weasel is around the bigger are his chances to sneak in in the next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back