Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that preposterous. It really hasnt helped. Dont get me wrong they need something to get excited about which they have not really had this season in a lot of cases but they have been really bad this season. There is no support, the crowd just turns straight away.
It doesn't help not having a vociferous crowd, and that edge can extend a slump, but even when the crowd is up for it, the turgid togger on offer ruins it. Didn't help in the second half at Wembley neither, where I though the fans roared the team on..
The football, and the results are crap, to place blame at the feet of matchgoers is not on I feel. It's not as if we're turning our noses up at watching a classic Brasil side.

Its not that preposterous. It really hasnt helped. Dont get me wrong they need something to get excited about which they have not really had this season in a lot of cases but they have been really bad this season. There is no support, the crowd just turns straight away.

Why's that mate?

Seasons end is too late for myself my Wife and many fans. as has been said there is no reason for him to be still in post and I hope the message gets across on Saturday.

As a season ticket holder I have sat through two seasons of this rubbish and now my seat is up for renewal. I wouldn't be surprised if those stickers are back on our seats again and just to rub it in they'll have a little picture of Martinez. Well as far as I'm concerned they have till close of business on Monday to get rid or to tell us for certain he will be leaving at the end of the season. If not, we are not renewing. To give up two very good seats (PK4) in a place we love is going to be heart-breaking and I can already feel the dread building up inside, but we have no intention of looking for seats elsewhere once the deadline goes (together with our seats) and we have no intention of 'taking a chance' they'll get shut in the summer.

From experience we all know Everton do things the hard way when there is always ten easier ways to do things but this is different. This is the club not giving a sh!t about the fans. Unfortunately the club no longer need us. The revenue we bring to the club pales compared to TV money and I think even Chang puts more money into the club than the fans. The silence from the club this last week is akin to them clubbing seals or flicking gnats from the back of their hand. Making sure we know our place and ignoring our every sound. That's Everton that.

To those of you that want to boycott the game...why? They already have the gate money from season tickets and every empty seat is smiling at RM and BK...another fan they can ignore. There are that many empty seats in the premiership that a few hundred or thousand at our ground will mean nothing. we will be on TV for MOTD highlights for a couple of minutes so the only people winning will be our Board members and RM.

To say protesting is not Everton is absolute rubbish. We had demonstrations in Goodison Road in the sixties and seventies. We had cushions thrown from the main stand on very many occasions (and this from the 'so-called' toffs) as well as the fans showing their dislike for this that and the other. So forget the 'high and mighty' attitude that you think puts you above every one else.

If you want him out then it is no good writing letters (yes I have but no reply yet) or posting on message boards, you have to get to the ground and shout either inside or out. But be there and show you care.

Yep. Some more classic bull from the fella.

judge me on 3 seasons not 3 months - each season has been getting worse Rm

I need more time - had enough

Progress - buying the likes of Knoe, Niasse

The finished article, we are not there but I am more than capable to make the final adjustments - what tosh, what if Lukaku, Stones and Barkley leave where are the final adjustments.

What an idiot he is, he is out of his depth. Our board needs shooting that means the new one as well dragging this out the way they are.

Sorry, poorly written previous post, my apologies.

No decision has been made whether he stays until the end of the season or not.

He will not be manager beyond the end of the season.
Do you own shares in a company that manufactures blood pressure medication mate? If you do, I think you're about to make a killing.

Literally.
Martinez, what to do?

Seasons end is too late for myself my Wife and many fans. as has been said there is no reason for him to be still in post and I hope the message gets across on Saturday.

As a season ticket holder I have sat through two seasons of this rubbish and now my seat is up for renewal. I wouldn't be surprised if those stickers are back on our seats again and just to rub it in they'll have a little picture of Martinez. Well as far as I'm concerned they have till close of business on Monday to get rid or to tell us for certain he will be leaving at the end of the season. If not, we are not renewing. To give up two very good seats (PK4) in a place we love is going to be heart-breaking and I can already feel the dread building up inside, but we have no intention of looking for seats elsewhere once the deadline goes (together with our seats) and we have no intention of 'taking a chance' they'll get shut in the summer.

Lets hope its this picture .....
clown.webp

be funny see this on back of the seats ......

Our neighbours across the park certainly know how to make their feelings felt and I admire them for that, if for nowt else. Blues fans have been conditioned to mediocrity for so long that they accept any old tosh without question - am sure that on Saturday there will just be a mass outpouring of "meh". I don't for a minute think the atmosphere will be "toxic" at all, just sullen and apathetic.

Bring back the cushions...

He wont be here mext year so just let it go ffs. Theres not much point in having an interim manager for just a few games. They might be waiting until they have a replacement lined up

He wont be here mext year so just let it go ffs. Theres not much point in having an interim manager for just a few games. They might be waiting until they have a replacement lined up

I'd have thought the amount of people unsure whether to renew or not was a good enough indication of why they should get rid now and put an interim in charge. Cos people would know then that he has gone and the future albeit unknown at that point would look brighter. No one wants to see more of the same and while he's in charge there is always the chance that could happen.

Of course theres a point.

It sends the message that Everton won't tolerate mediocre managers anymore.

Surely it's better to have a caretaker manager in charge than someone who's out the door in 4 weeks.

If you knew you were getting the sack at the end of May how much effort would you put in.

It's been great reading many posts saying he'll be gone soon - but then you hear him talk and you wonder if he honestly thinks he's staying. I'm more concerned that the players may think he's going to get another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back