Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought the amount of people unsure whether to renew or not was a good enough indication of why they should get rid now and put an interim in charge. Cos people would know then that he has gone and the future albeit unknown at that point would look brighter. No one wants to see more of the same and while he's in charge there is always the chance that could happen.

Of course theres a point.

It sends the message that Everton won't tolerate mediocre managers anymore.

Surely it's better to have a caretaker manager in charge than someone who's out the door in 4 weeks.

If you knew you were getting the sack at the end of May how much effort would you put in.
I wouldnt say waiting for the season to end( its almost may already) is accepting mediocrity. Now if he was here for next season then id agree but hes not going to be here at the start of next season, maybe if we won the cup i could see people being worried about martinez staying but not now. Also even if he got sacked today whoevee took up the reins wouldnt be our manager next season either. He'll be gone at the end of the season.

On the team’s current form…

“I always encourage huge expectations and I think, as a football club, we need to drive ourselves to get into the top four positions.

“Over the last three years, we’ve put together and developed a team that can perform against anyone.

From the press conference. This is just complete bullshit again from Roberto, we are languishing in the bottom half of the table and potentially slip down lower after the weekend. Where does he think we are driving ourselves towards the Top 4 positions ? and we havent won for 7 games how does that show we can perform against anyone, we clearly cant. If this was a performance hearing at work I would be on my arse.
giphy.gif

ChIwqU4WkAADH6O.jpg

It's been great reading many posts saying he'll be gone soon - but then you hear him talk and you wonder if he honestly thinks he's staying. I'm more concerned that the players may think he's going to get another season.
I dont think anyone expects him here next season besides people who expect the worst of everything

Our neighbours across the park certainly know how to make their feelings felt and I admire them for that, if for nowt else. Blues fans have been conditioned to mediocrity for so long that they accept any old tosh without question - am sure that on Saturday there will just be a mass outpouring of "meh". I don't for a minute think the atmosphere will be "toxic" at all, just sullen and apathetic.

Bring back the cushions...

This is my fear also.

I'll start shouting Martinez Out, and probably be told to shut up by some random bloke.

I could see fans turning on each other on Saturday actually.

Dreading it. Can't believe they've let it come to this.

Our neighbours across the park certainly know how to make their feelings felt and I admire them for that, if for nowt else. Blues fans have been conditioned to mediocrity for so long that they accept any old tosh without question - am sure that on Saturday there will just be a mass outpouring of "meh". I don't for a minute think the atmosphere will be "toxic" at all, just sullen and apathetic.

Bring back the cushions...

...think it's cos everyone fears the shouts of KOPITES & GEORDIE tbh. Y'see & hear fellas/lads/ladies try to have a 'go' at setting stuff up, protests, whatever...and it's just backheeled for the above reason.

And we shuffle a bit, then sit back and sigh. Like we're bigger than that...

And we're not.

Hope Bobby has a really thick skin

I honestly think he will be in for a shock with all the hostilities coming his way

But the board have not covered them selves in glory by prolonging this and the rumours of Mark Hughes ?!?!?!?!

Do me a favour Mark Hughes ? I'd rather have Moyes TBH

I might just give up on football

Well there's nothing wrong with favouring Moyes. I don't want him back but Moyes is ten times the manager Hughes is.

Pellegrini the chosen one but not announced till City euro campaign ends?

This means Martinez stays in as club don't want to sack without replacement confirmed to?

While I appreciate that bookmakers' odds in the 'manager specials' market are notoriously unreliable, I will nevertheless say that SkyBet are going Evens that Everton will be Pellegrini's next club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back