Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never gave Hodgson a chance to be fair.

This worst home form in our entire history thing is driving me mad. Its like something that we have always judged stuff on. There probably is a reason why our home form is abysmal compared to our decent away form too. I think it all started at the QPR game a few years back.

Judging the home form is nothing new at all. Watch the Everton 3 Wimbledon 2 highlights on Youtube (The HD version), and you will hear the commentator express severe dismay at a club like Everton producing such a poor home record that season. Martinez has surpassed that utterly poor form, and it’s more than worthy of comment because it’s why we are operating at a level which isn’t even satisfactory for a club like Watford.

The idea that the horrendous home form is down to the fans is preposterous. The truth is that our forward play is utterly reliant on the counter attack, and we struggle if we are prevented from playing this way. Which is what happens at home, as the away team are less inclined to attack at Goodison. Away the reverse is true, and there are more counter attacking opportunities, which has led to our nothing but average away form.

Judging the home form is nothing new at all. Watch the Everton 3 Wimbledon 2 highlights on Youtube (The HD version), and you will hear the commentator express severe dismay at a club like Everton producing such a poor home record that season. Martinez has surpassed that utterly poor form, and it’s more than worthy of comment because it’s why we are operating at a level which isn’t even satisfactory for a club like Watford.

The idea that the horrendous home form is down to the fans is preposterous. The truth is that our forward play is utterly reliant on the counter attack, and we struggle if we are prevented from playing this way. Which is what happens at home, as the away team are less inclined to attack at Goodison. Away the reverse is true, and there are more counter attacking opportunities, which has led to our nothing but average away form.

Its not that preposterous. It really hasnt helped. Dont get me wrong they need something to get excited about which they have not really had this season in a lot of cases but they have been really bad this season. There is no support, the crowd just turns straight away.

It's insane how he is still here. If we lose Saturday and West Brom, Watford and Palace win(which they can/should), we go 15th. The money lost this season for every spot lower in the league makes sense to bin now ffs...

Sorry, poorly written previous post, my apologies.

No decision has been made whether he stays until the end of the season or not.

He will not be manager beyond the end of the season.

Thanks for clearing that up! You know this for an absolute fact?

Catalan clown was always my favourite, is that off limits too? :oops:
See, the odd occurrence of something is innocuous enough but every other post mentioning El Fraudo, El Coco, coco, Spanish clown, Catalan clown etc is starting to look a bit daft.

Are people incapable of using 'Martinez'? I'd hope not.

Not really up for debate anyway.

Let's not get carried away folks, if I was on the Everton board I would not want to sack the manager in the same week as the Hillsborough verdict, the spotlight on Merseyside should stay firmly fixed on the amazing fortitude of the Hillsborough families and their fight for justice. There is no rush in any event, see out the last few games, just to make certain that the man is completely bereft of ideas and be lining up a short-list in the meantime.

Maybe the board are just studious and deciding upon the best course of action rather than sacking a manager the day after a game without having a plan in place to go forward. I don't think they should be getting slagged off as if they're imcompetent just because some people are too impatient to wait.

I love the way some people are trying to make out BK would keep RM, even though there's no evidence to suggest he would or wouldn't. If you don't like BK that's fine but a bit unfair to pretend you know what he thinks about everything then knock him for it, even though you have no idea what his stance is.

See, the odd occurrence of something is innocuous enough but every other post mentioning El Fraudo, El Coco, coco, Spanish clown, Catalan clown etc is starting to look a bit daft.

Are people incapable of using 'Martinez'? I'd hope not.

Not really up for debate anyway.

I think that would involve a level of maturity, so I doubt it. lol

There is no footballing reason for him to still be at the club, as right now its doing more harm then good, I can only presume its coming down to another side of things. Severance, Compo etc.

Though i highly doubt its the £2m being banded about.
I agree entirely. Our honour and credibility has been called into question, with our failure to sack our manager for 2 years of complete failure in the league. Reading between the lines you can see in the national and local press, the genuine surprise he is still at the club. If it is about a compensation package of 2m, then winning 3 out of our final league games (achievable with unsworth and sheedy in charge) could see us sneak 10th spot. With Martinez at the helm 14-16th looks more likely. This will actually cost the club more in lost prize money. Genuinely disappointed and frustrated how he has been kept on so long, he had his chance to sign off with a trophy he should be well gone by now.

does martinez have no self-respect? surely he knows hes a dead man walking. is he really hanging on for a pay-off, cant be that hard up and could negotiate an exit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back