Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he knows there is not a better screw out there than us that is why he is hanging on. No other job prospects for him after the disastrous last two seasons. Some CV he will have to explain them.
There is a lot of money still unpaid on the remaining months of his contract and he is going to fight to get that, admitting that he reckons he is out the door is not going to strengthen his hand.

At the same time I am sure that he still firmly believes that he is the right man for the job and can improve the fortunes of the club. I think to manage at that level you must have unshakeable confidence in your own ability, blindly so.
He may still believe that the board of directors can be convinced that he should be left in charge....who knows, maybe he is right.

Why is this logical tho? Means his position is untenable, the players don't want to play for him, our league position is in danger of falling precipitously. What possible harm would it do sacking him now and showing the fans and players the last two years are unacceptable?

The harm was done by not sacking him ten days ago......that is when the fans should have been shown hiw unacceptable the last two years have been

IMO it matters not a jot if he stays on until season's end.

Sacking him now is like bolting the stable door when your horse is already in the next parish.

What a mess this is. We are an eternal laughing stock. The man needs sacking for two seasons worth of failure yet here he comes spouting more of his guff to wind us up further. What a cowardly board we have. What's the point in thus Moshiri character? He's barely said a thing since he's came on board.

Had a message from a mate who's a ST holder he's not going Saturday and is aware of at least four other ST holders not going again this season! There is surely no downside to Martinez going asap, this charade that is taking place now seems to be causing trouble for no obvious reason, and on Saturday could have us in the headlines for many of the wrong reasons!
ST holders still show as tickets sold, and therefore are added to the official attendance however.

Loads of empty seats at United and Arsenal recently, but both showing as sold out.

If the attendance was accurate, then things may change as questions would be asked.

Last edited:
Why is this logical tho? Means his position is untenable, the players don't want to play for him, our league position is in danger of falling precipitously. What possible harm would it do sacking him now and showing the fans and players the last two years are unacceptable?
So waiting for a replacement to be lined up implies the clubs current management is accepting mediocrity?

There is a lot of money still unpaid on the remaining months of his contract and he is going to fight to get that, admitting that he reckons he is out the door is not going to strengthen his hand.

At the same time I am sure that he still firmly believes that he is the right man for the job and can improve the fortunes of the club. I think to manage at that level you must have unshakeable confidence in your own ability, blindly so.
He may still believe that the board of directors can be convinced that he should be left in charge....who knows, maybe he is right.
Agreed except for the last line. I think winning the cup was his only chance to convince the board to keep him

Last edited:
Can anyone remember who it was who was claiming they were told 'Martinez was no more' earlier this week. It was on Twitter, but posted and commented upon a lot on here. I'm sure it was some sort of forum.

Well it's accepting losing upto £6 million pounds in prize money, heaping abuse onto the current manager and damaging the sanity of the fan base!
Maybe itd cost them a fair bit of cash to terminate his contract, also its not a guarantee we will keep falling down the table. The clubs not heaping abuse. The fan part is true.

Maybe itd cost them a fair bit of cash to terminate his contract, also its not a guarantee we will keep falling down the table. The clubs not heaping abuse. The fan part is true.
It won't cost £6 million more if they were to sack him now, I can't see us getting another win with the current situation. No it's not a guarantee but can it be as bad? I very much doubt it.

They are allowing a situation to fester which is going to result in the manager getting abuse. Even before the last week's nightmare we've had someone running onto the pitch to give him verbals. His position is untenable so what on earth is the point of keeping him for a single moment longer?

Very clear to - he has gone / resigned perhaps the players need to be told first and no doubt certain behind the scenes etc. No idea were the quoted 7pm press conference came from. Either way he has gone and Everton will soon announce.
Bit strange him resigning then doing a pre match press conference four days later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back