Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about that, some people hear things from people they trust and pass it on, sadly theres a lot of attention seekers who know nothing, but that doesnt mean that when people are wrong they are pretending.

Exactly. In the largely anonymous world of social media, it is easy to get your kicks by seeing a tweet or something getting a reaction. If that floats your boat.

The only stuff I take an ounce of interest in is that from lads I know have sources of info. Or in a position to pick up titbits.

Trouble is, in my experience during the Yarmolenko years, is that you can only pass on what you are told. Folk expect a running commentary, and that wont happen cos the source will not want too much out there, (protect their own ID/source), or they just dont know more than the stuff they pass on.

I believe he's gone too, and I hope it's not true.

Genuine question:

Would you concede that it isn't as much of a formality as suggested by some, you included, as he is still here with 4 seemingly pointless (excuse the pun) games to play. If not, why not?

I'm being extra careful to not sound like I'm being difficult but may have ended up doing so!

I'm genuinely interested in your POV. I just think, if I'm honest, that whilst straight after the "defining week" it may have seemed inevitable, I don't think businessmen like Moshiri would dilly dally if it was as sure a thing as you're making out.

I'm seriously worried hes going to get another season. Hes clearly not getting sacked this season, if they were going to do it they would have done it this week.

Should have given him the chop on Monday and put Rhino in charge for the last four games, at least the players probably would have had a go for him which theyre clearly not doing for Bobby

To be fair they never mentioned anything last night about 'no more' not sure about previous though. They did mention this though.

And to fair they do get a lot right.

They did mate, I noticed it before I went to bed, sorry I didnt screen grab it now, but im not here to witch hunt them, I do know they have some good people on that site who know their stuff, so as I say, I wasnt having a pop, was just answering Ians question.

They did mate, I noticed it before I went to bed, sorry I didnt screen grab it now, but im not here to witch hunt them, I do know they have some good people on that site who know their stuff, so as I say, I wasnt having a pop, was just answering Ians question.
Found this but this is not from last night . You referring to this one ?

Maybe mate, im not sure, almost sure some tweets have been deleted, but again im not here to scream liar at people who pass on info they hear.
Understand mate. Like you said, I think they just post what they hear from the people they get it off cant see them doing it to get peoples hopes up. As you said some decent lads on there . I suppose we all want whats best for the club .

Everyone seriously just needs to calm down a bit, the amount of panicking or doomsaying on here is getting beyond the pale.

Not one senior source at the club has came out and backed him - including the senior players, directors, or member of the coaching team even to remain as manager for next season

Serious jounalists are now running it as a matter of when not if

Not one bit of speculation about us approaching other managers has been denied by the club - which is the first thing that happoens when it's made up bs

@The Esk seems exceptionally sure about his source of info being 100% correct, i for one have absolutely no reason to doubt it is and that esk isn't one to post stuff without himself being damned sure about it's veracity

The manager himself has stopped talking about next season, the press noricably have been obviously briefed to not ask any questions going into that territory - about any of the transfer rumours or pre season plans or targets for next season their has been absolutely zero questioning of late - that brief has to have come from the club as it is too noticable that all the media have stopped asking him at the same time in the press conferences about these things

Have some faith int he new majority owner and stop being melts in short, he has a plan - and for one i am glad that we have a multi billionaire owner who doesn't think that every detail of what he is doing is out in the public domain

Last bit - IF we sacked Martinez without being able to currently announce who will replace him - then in business terms that is the worst possible scenario for us in terms of trying to recruit, it will be all over the media, managers in current roles will be then ofrced into denyign or confirming approaches and it will be an entire mess of a situation which in no way shape or form will make it easier for us to hire the targets we have indentified as wanting.

Let's give the new owner more than 2 months before we start trying to lynch him

Maybe he has gone but is just kept on till the season. Makes me wonder if this so called meeting as taken place. Got the impression by Martinez's comments today, it hasn't.

Genuine question:

Would you concede that it isn't as much of a formality as suggested by some, you included, as he is still here with 4 seemingly pointless (excuse the pun) games to play. If not, why not?

I'm being extra careful to not sound like I'm being difficult but may have ended up doing so!

I'm genuinely interested in your POV. I just think, if I'm honest, that whilst straight after the "defining week" it may have seemed inevitable, I don't think businessmen like Moshiri would dilly dally if it was as sure a thing as you're making out.

Fair question, I am absolutely certain he is gone by the season end, I can't explain how or why I can say that but I'm putting it out there.

Logically he should have gone this week, and he still might. I have had from numerous sources different versions of events and could have claimed on here he is gojng/has just gone. However I just said I don't know the precise timing but it will be by season end.

I don't know why it should be so complicated but that seems to be standard operating practice in L4.

Genuine question:

Why is it you hope he's not gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back