Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do apologies stubborn delusional Spanish fraud

Mate, do you accept it when fans at the match shout at an opponent (back in the day at players like Davies/ Pembridge) "you Welsh ***". I know it drives me nuts, so not on to do it at the manager. I want him out as much as the next person, but nationality is irrelevant!

I honestly believe he is going at the end of the season.I think they will let him see out the last few games......... as some sort of token gesture.I believe Pelligrini is already in place............ but with the Champions League semi and possible final... no announcement has been made.That's my take on it anyway.

In the work place, if you learn that your boss is leaving, you automatically take your foot off the gas. It's a natural reaction. This is obviously what has happened to the team. (Okay, the second half, last Saturday, excepted. But that was an FA Cup semi-final) If Martinez remains for the rest of the season, I believe that there will be an, even further, downward spiral. Confidence will be drained, enthusiasm depleted and ambition lost. This cannot be allowed to happen. He must go now. Give the players and the fans the opportunity to finish the season on a high.

Everyone seriously just needs to calm down a bit, the amount of panicking or doomsaying on here is getting beyond the pale.

Not one senior source at the club has came out and backed him - including the senior players, directors, or member of the coaching team even to remain as manager for next season

Serious jounalists are now running it as a matter of when not if

Not one bit of speculation about us approaching other managers has been denied by the club - which is the first thing that happoens when it's made up bs

@The Esk seems exceptionally sure about his source of info being 100% correct, i for one have absolutely no reason to doubt it is and that esk isn't one to post stuff without himself being damned sure about it's veracity

The manager himself has stopped talking about next season, the press noricably have been obviously briefed to not ask any questions going into that territory - about any of the transfer rumours or pre season plans or targets for next season their has been absolutely zero questioning of late - that brief has to have come from the club as it is too noticable that all the media have stopped asking him at the same time in the press conferences about these things

Have some faith int he new majority owner and stop being melts in short, he has a plan - and for one i am glad that we have a multi billionaire owner who doesn't think that every detail of what he is doing is out in the public domain

Last bit - IF we sacked Martinez without being able to currently announce who will replace him - then in business terms that is the worst possible scenario for us in terms of trying to recruit, it will be all over the media, managers in current roles will be then ofrced into denyign or confirming approaches and it will be an entire mess of a situation which in no way shape or form will make it easier for us to hire the targets we have indentified as wanting.

Let's give the new owner more than 2 months before we start trying to lynch him
Spot on - well said ;):cool::coffee:

Do you know what I'm starting to feel sorry for him,its not going to a nice place to be goodison for him on Saturday and even worse if we go a goal behind,I just hope he has the good sense to realise this and none of his family are present.

Feeling sorry for him less by the day to be honest. He's holding on to the extra pay he's entitled to hold out for. I also tend to agree with others in thinking Goodison won't be overly toxic. Honestly think with the board showing such ambivalence in not giving us any sort of word, that the crowd likewise will be similarly disinterested. Also think we'll get a result too, which will quell a lot of what could be directed at the manager. It shouldn't, it should have been sorted months ago, if not a fortnight back. Problem is, I don't think the players are aware of the likelihood of him leaving come the end of the season. They have to be influenced by Martinez's insistence that he's the right man for the job. A statement even letting on that there will be a review come the end of the season would do. If a board meeting is scheduled for this Saturday before the game, it really should have been held before this.

@moyes cardy promised.

HE PROMISED
What can I say - I come in peace. The information posted came from a recognised admin figure from inside the club - who knows what happened now - a little embarrassing really and for that I apologise to all. Only other point made is that BK would absolutely want Moyes but no secret there eh, although his opinion that although RM is a fantastic man has time for all etc - he does not have the aura or discipline internally of Moyes (who by all accounts had no time for anyone bar the first team) anyhow back to hide in the cupboard again.

Fair question, I am absolutely certain he is gone by the season end, I can't explain how or why I can say that but I'm putting it out there.

Logically he should have gone this week, and he still might. I have had from numerous sources different versions of events and could have claimed on here he is gojng/has just gone. However I just said I don't know the precise timing but it will be by season end.

I don't know why it should be so complicated but that seems to be standard operating practice in L4.

Everton has been complicated for 20yrs from transfers to loans to project's.

Fair question, I am absolutely certain he is gone by the season end, I can't explain how or why I can say that but I'm putting it out there.

Logically he should have gone this week, and he still might. I have had from numerous sources different versions of events and could have claimed on here he is gojng/has just gone. However I just said I don't know the precise timing but it will be by season end.

I don't know why it should be so complicated but that seems to be standard operating practice in L4.
I cannot for the life of me Esk understand the boards take on this,it is going to be a horrible occasion on saturday,they should have issued a statement making the situation clear i.e. he is remaining as manager for next season/he is in charge until the end of the season then he goes,I actually feel quite sorry for Martinez in this situation.

There is a lot of money still unpaid on the remaining months of his contract and he is going to fight to get that, admitting that he reckons he is out the door is not going to strengthen his hand.

At the same time I am sure that he still firmly believes that he is the right man for the job and can improve the fortunes of the club. I think to manage at that level you must have unshakeable confidence in your own ability, blindly so.
He may still believe that the board of directors can be convinced that he should be left in charge....who knows, maybe he is right.

The clear majority of folk think he is not right for Everton, see poll.

What can I say - I come in peace. The information posted came from a recognised admin figure from inside the club - who knows what happened now - a little embarrassing really and for that I apologise to all. Only other point made is that BK would absolutely want Moyes but no secret there eh, although his opinion that although RM is a fantastic man has time for all etc - he does not have the aura or discipline internally of Moyes (who by all accounts had no time for anyone bar the first team) anyhow back to hide in the cupboard again.

The Moyers comparisons that run through our club and fan base does my Swede in.

I cannot for the life of me Esk understand the boards take on this,it is going to be a horrible occasion on saturday,they should have issued a statement making the situation clear i.e. he is remaining as manager for next season/he is in charge until the end of the season then he goes,I actually feel quite sorry for Martinez in this situation.

Sorry....he,s paid 3 million notes a year. Pfffft

I agree totally, if indeed he does take the team on Saturday it will be difficult for all. I think the situation is incredibly fluid at present and it would not surprise in the slightest if he was not here Saturday. I say that in line with my previous comments.

What a mess this is. We are an eternal laughing stock. The man needs sacking for two seasons worth of failure yet here he comes spouting more of his guff to wind us up further. What a cowardly board we have. What's the point in thus Moshiri character? He's barely said a thing since he's came on board.

That is essentially what I have been saying in my posts as well, on here and the Moshiri thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back