Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally, if indeed he does take the team on Saturday it will be difficult for all. I think the situation is incredibly fluid at present and it would not surprise in the slightest if he was not here Saturday. I say that in line with my previous comments.

Surely he's going to take the team on Saturday now that hes done the presser and everything tho!? Why would they get rid of him now??

I agree totally, if indeed he does take the team on Saturday it will be difficult for all. I think the situation is incredibly fluid at present and it would not surprise in the slightest if he was not here Saturday. I say that in line with my previous comments.
Wow so there is actually still a chance he isn't involved Saturday? Everything just seems a mess, even the echo trying to say we shouldn't be protesting etc

It won't cost £6 million more if they were to sack him now, I can't see us getting another win with the current situation. No it's not a guarantee but can it be as bad? I very much doubt it.

They are allowing a situation to fester which is going to result in the manager getting abuse. Even before the last week's nightmare we've had someone running onto the pitch to give him verbals. His position is untenable so what on earth is the point of keeping him for a single moment longer?

One of the mess ups was BK extending his contract.

Interesting post on TPF tonight from someone called Ian..

I was on a plane to Warsaw during the Euros. It was a bus ride to the plane, and the business passengers went on their own bus.

On the bus strode Phil Thompson and at the time Wigan manager Roberto. I thought it might be interesting to stand next to them. The conversation I heard has stayed with me.

They were both complaining over Hodgson. Thompson was saying Stevie was really p'eed off as the tactics employed stopped him getting on the ball and spreading passes. He said that the players had approached Hodgson to say how unhappy they were but he wouldn't listen.

Then Martinez said that Hodgson was a bad advert for the Premier League and that as normal the FA were not thinking of the damage to the brand. Whatever that means

Then he said that he would be embarrassed to set up a team the way that Hodgson did. Martinez then declared that he would rather lose every game than change to Hodgson's tactics. Thompson appeared to be taken aback by this and said you are joking. RM said no he was serious the way you play is more important than results.

Thommo replied that he hoped that Dave didn't ever hear this. I assume this was Whelan.

Believe me or not, but I guarantee it is 100% true

At the time I thought it very strange that a football manager would not really care about winning games, more the style it was played.

Since then as I have watched I've often thought back to that bus ride. It is clear to me that Roberto is not going to change, its his way or no way. If that means relegation so be it.

Perhaps this attitude is behind some of the players frustrations.

I'm paraphrasing but

"It's a defining week, judge me on this week"

Week goes horrendously

"Judge me over all 3 seasons not just this week!"

If there was a job where a man was required to move goalposts for a living, Roberto would be the best in the biz. Can't wait to have my club back without having to listen to his incessant drivel.
Let's wait til the summer, then we can welcome someone good and someone who knows how to buy players with investment!

FLUID?....code for the club is so messed up it doesn't know which way is up.

Green called us a circus a few years ago, I think that was being kind because we appear to be nothing short of a lunatic asylum.

Fair question, I am absolutely certain he is gone by the season end, I can't explain how or why I can say that but I'm putting it out there.

Logically he should have gone this week, and he still might. I have had from numerous sources different versions of events and could have claimed on here he is gojng/has just gone. However I just said I don't know the precise timing but it will be by season end.

I don't know why it should be so complicated but that seems to be standard operating practice in L4.

Esk, isn't a bit unfair on Season Ticket holders to leave any announcement until the end of the season (Or even later)? Those who are waiting to see if RM goes before renewing may in fact lose their seat as the guarantee your seat promotion runs out on the 3rd May. And if left later than the 25th May, the Early Bird saving.

Esk, isn't a bit unfair on Season Ticket holders to leave any announcement until the end of the season (Or even later)? Those who are waiting to see if RM goes before renewing may in fact lose their seat as the guarantee your seat promotion runs out on the 3rd May. And if left later than the 25th May, the Early Bird saving.

It is I agree, but fan consideration is fairly low down on the list of priorities particularly at the present.

I cannot for the life of me Esk understand the boards take on this,it is going to be a horrible occasion on saturday,they should have issued a statement making the situation clear

This 100%.

Just issue a statement that Martinez will leave the club after this season. Atmosphere would be 100 times happier than without it. We are actually in a position where some are not entirely sure if they want to see good run of games now when we are safe...cause it might give martinez a chance to keep his job...it's mental but thats the way it is. Honourable thing for Martinez and for the club would be to put the statement out. ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back