Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember who it was who was claiming they were told 'Martinez was no more' earlier this week. It was on Twitter, but posted and commented upon a lot on here. I'm sure it was some sort of forum.

To be fair and I don't know who the guy is, I've had more than a dozen texts or messages going back to Sunday that he's gone, some from reputable sources.

Been in work all day so only been able to keep one eye on this

Getting really frustrated (as we all are) that this hasn't been sorted out in any seemingly effective way - Was it this bad when Smith got the rocket, or were the board more proactive in getting him out? I just remember the Boro game and Smith going some time after that - Was it as protracted as this pathetic soap opera?

To be fair and I don't know who the guy is, I've had more than a dozen texts or messages going back to Sunday that he's gone, some from reputable sources.
No worries Paul, it was the one goat was on about. I accused another prominent EFC Twitter account of saying it, I was wrong about that.

Well his cup excuse is now gone, we best win every home game that's left. To be fair we have had two semi's this season, maybe he was all out trying to get a bit of silverware? The longer this goes on the more I fear he will have another season. I get the feeling he has no authority with the players. The only way he convinces me now is if we win all our remaining games, gets rid of Kone, gets Baines back on penalties, and gets the best out of Mirallas. We need a leader and a winner in this team, I was hoping signing Eto'o would provide that but it backfired massively. Jagielka is a weak captain and is even mugged off by refs. This club is screaming out for strong leadership.

Pellegrini the chosen one but not announced till City euro campaign ends?

This means Martinez stays in as club don't want to sack without replacement confirmed to?
Makes no sense, Pelligrini could sign a pre-contract if it was all done. They can keep it quite, no ones going to be getting onto the board if they don't announce a replacement for a while. They will be getting onto the board if Martinez stays.

I believe he's gone too, and I hope it's not true.

Genuine question:

Would you concede that it isn't as much of a formality as suggested by some, you included, as he is still here with 4 seemingly pointless (excuse the pun) games to play. If not, why not?

I'm being extra careful to not sound like I'm being difficult but may have ended up doing so!

I'm genuinely interested in your POV. I just think, if I'm honest, that whilst straight after the "defining week" it may have seemed inevitable, I don't think businessmen like Moshiri would dilly dally if it was as sure a thing as you're making out.

Worried that he's still here. I hope our fans don't go over the top in making their opinions heard just for the negative press it will bring back on the club.

I think it is a real shame that things are going to be allowed to devolve to the point of no return.

Its not about that, some people hear things from people they trust and pass it on, sadly theres a lot of attention seekers who know nothing, but that doesnt mean that when people are wrong they are pretending.

Oh yeah I get that like. Its the attention seekers that I'm on about really. Why bother when youre obviously going to get found out? And if by coincidence you get something right, who cares?

Do you know what I'm starting to feel sorry for him,its not going to a nice place to be goodison for him on Saturday and even worse if we go a goal behind,I just hope he has the good sense to realise this and none of his family are present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back