Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mutual consent line from both partys will come out within an hour of the final whistle stating that results havent been acceptable and the fan protests at the game make martinez position untenable

I think we can handle this in a classier and more dignified manner.It would be better before the game on Saturday that it will be announced that Roberto Martinez tenure as Everton manager is over either after the final whistle on Saturday or at the seasons end.That would result in a less vitriolic crowd and hopefully after a resounding win Martinez can be thanked for his efforts by the crowd.I don't like the idea of Martinez being abused for the whole match on Saturday and then we say an hour after the final whistle that he's going.That just strikes me as being classless.

I will sadly have to work on dealing with crosses and corners, cos they clearly havent been taught that in 3 years, but the word defence will never enter my mouth in team talks, all my defenders will be called "attacking backers".
Bit naughty that dealing with crosses business, but go ed then , as the rest of your strategy sounds boss ! :)

All week I have following the sporting headlines in the newspapers and have been surprised how few mentions there have been about Everton or the possibility the manager could lose his job. Not completely ignored , but not far off it.
I see that tonight the broadsheets are finally beginning to cover the story , and it will be a big story when/if he goes.

People talk about the club having gone backwards during his time, but strangely, even though results have been very poor, he has been successful in putting the nucleus of a very good squad together.
Robles, Lukaku, Lennon, Funes Mori, Cleverley, McCarthy, Besic , Deulofeu, Galloway have all been brought in by RM and although some have had a difficult time recently they are good players. Of course there are a couple of duds signed as well.
On top of this Barkley, Stones and Browning have oprogressed very well during his three years here and the academy seems to be flourishing more than it ever has.

These are not small accomplishments ,and he should get the credit deserved.
However, at the end of the day he is judged on one team alone and that is where he has fallen down.
RM seems to be an intelligent man. I am to this day surprised that having put together successfully certain aspects of the team that he has continually refused to address the Achilles heel that has been our defence and the goals conceded.
His failure could be boiled down to about five or six disastrous games where victories were thrown away. We could easily have a points total now closer to sixty than fifty without doing anything hugely different.
I wonder about his mentality, I wonder what his coaching staff were doing. I wonder if he listened to anybody at all.

I think the momentum has reached a level making it impossible for him to stay, and yet the margin between success and failure comes down to a few specific results.
Fifteen points more, two semifinals reached, I don't think there would be too many calls for his head.

All week I have following the sporting headlines in the newspapers and have been surprised how few mentions there have been about Everton or the possibility the manager could lose his job. Not completely ignored , but not far off it.
I see that tonight the broadsheets are finally beginning to cover the story , and it will be a big story when/if he goes.

People talk about the club having gone backwards during his time, but strangely, even though results have been very poor, he has been successful in putting the nucleus of a very good squad together.
Robles, Lukaku, Lennon, Funes Mori, Cleverley, McCarthy, Besic , Deulofeu, Galloway have all been brought in by RM and although some have had a difficult time recently they are good players. Of course there are a couple of duds signed as well.
On top of this Barkley, Stones and Browning have oprogressed very well during his three years here and the academy seems to be flourishing more than it ever has.

However, at the end of the day he is judged on one team alone and that is where he has fallen down.
RM seems to be an intelligent man. I am to this day surprised that having put together successfully certain aspects of the team that he has continually refused to address the Achilles heel that has been our defence and the goals conceded.
His failure could be boiled down to about five or six disastrous games where victories were thrown away. We could easily have a points total now closer to sixty than fifty without doing anything hugely different.
I wonder about his mentality, I wonder what his coaching staff were doing. I wonder if he listened to anybody at all.

I think the momentum has reached a level making it impossible for him to stay, and yet the margin between success and failure comes down to a few specific results.
Fifteen points more, two semifinals reached, I don't think there would be too many calls for his head.

....aside, perhaps, from winning more games maybe?

Just a thought like.

Does anybody know if he has his own special room with a square couch where he watches games while his missus watches Eastenders?

...the couch is in the middle of his lounge but it's not square, it is shaped like GARETH BARRY, and BOB enjoys sitting on this couch for longer than he ever initially intended to. It is comfortable and made of very fine, if slightly worn, leather.

In this lounge he has 52 TV's around the walls and there is football on every one of them, 24 hrs a day. Which he tries to watch. His wife doesn't watch the TV as such but she DOES sit near BOB and watch old episodes of LOVEJOY on her KINDLE.

LOVEJOY - as it happens - is also made of very fine, if slightly worn, leather.

This is just a coincidence though.

#MartinezOut

To quote RM ` fine margins` but he fails to see that fine margins are what win or lose games. It is all hypothetical to him, he almost wants to
mathamatically orchestrate a win, football does not work like this. Spurs could say if they had won 2 games instead of lost, they would have won the title, of course they would however they didn`t, this is what RMartinez does not understand ...... reality .. champions league based on our away form, the mind boggles ! Martinez almost wants to create his own little world of football according to him it is a strange world he lives and works in

...the couch is in the middle of his lounge but it's not square, it is shaped like GARETH BARRY, and BOB enjoys sitting on this couch for longer than he ever initially intended to. It is comfortable and made of very fine, if slightly worn, leather.

In this lounge he has 52 TV's around the walls and there is football on every one of them, 24 hrs a day. Which he tries to watch. His wife doesn't watch the TV as such but she DOES sit near BOB and watch old episodes of LOVEJOY on her KINDLE.

LOVEJOY - as it happens - is also made of very fine, if slightly worn, leather.

This is just a coincidence though.

#MartinezOut
What's her kindle made from, very fine but very worn rubber?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back