Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All week I have following the sporting headlines in the newspapers and have been surprised how few mentions there have been about Everton or the possibility the manager could lose his job. Not completely ignored , but not far off it.
I see that tonight the broadsheets are finally beginning to cover the story , and it will be a big story when/if he goes.

People talk about the club having gone backwards during his time, but strangely, even though results have been very poor, he has been successful in putting the nucleus of a very good squad together.
Robles, Lukaku, Lennon, Funes Mori, Cleverley, McCarthy, Besic , Deulofeu, Galloway have all been brought in by RM and although some have had a difficult time recently they are good players. Of course there are a couple of duds signed as well.
On top of this Barkley, Stones and Browning have oprogressed very well during his three years here and the academy seems to be flourishing more than it ever has.

These are not small accomplishments ,and he should get the credit deserved.
However, at the end of the day he is judged on one team alone and that is where he has fallen down.
RM seems to be an intelligent man. I am to this day surprised that having put together successfully certain aspects of the team that he has continually refused to address the Achilles heel that has been our defence and the goals conceded.
His failure could be boiled down to about five or six disastrous games where victories were thrown away. We could easily have a points total now closer to sixty than fifty without doing anything hugely different.
I wonder about his mentality, I wonder what his coaching staff were doing. I wonder if he listened to anybody at all.

I think the momentum has reached a level making it impossible for him to stay, and yet the margin between success and failure comes down to a few specific results.
Fifteen points more, two semifinals reached, I don't think there would be too many calls for his head.

Honestly, out of all them Lukaku is real quality. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if any of the others left.

They're a bunch of decent players but all would be easily replaceable if we got a decent manager in who knew what he was doing.

I think we can handle this in a classier and more dignified manner.It would be better before the game on Saturday that it will be announced that Roberto Martinez tenure as Everton manager is over either after the final whistle on Saturday or at the seasons end.That would result in a less vitriolic crowd and hopefully after a resounding win Martinez can be thanked for his efforts by the crowd.I don't like the idea of Martinez being abused for the whole match on Saturday and then we say an hour after the final whistle that he's going.That just strikes me as being classless.
I don't see how any announcement could be made unless it was him leaving instantly. Has something like it ever happened before.
Moyes did it but was seeing out his contract. Pellegrini is doing something similar were the option of an extra year isn't being taken up so in effect his contract is up. I don't recall any manager seeing out a season mid contract with the public knowing they are gone at the end of it.

Funny the shouts for Eddie howe. What's he ever achieved? Promotion to the league, that is it.

In fact the minute he left Bournemouth he bombed and was sacked.
Echo now outright saying there will be a board meeting in London tomorrow with Kenwright and Moshiri to discuss Martinez' future.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-board-meeting-roberto-martinez-11259785

If the Echo are reporting it, that means they're being briefed by the club, as they wouldn't print anything like that without the club's say so.
The Echo no JACK **** Mate
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/everton-takeover-latest-blues-deal-10858867

Echo now outright saying there will be a board meeting in London tomorrow with Kenwright and Moshiri to discuss Martinez' future.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-board-meeting-roberto-martinez-11259785

If the Echo are reporting it, that means they're being briefed by the club, as they wouldn't print anything like that without the club's say so.

The Echo finally begrudgingly admits that it is "significant numbers" of Everton fans who are subjecting RM to "intense criticism". Better late than never, eh?

If
Wont be any movement until we are mathematically safe.
If that's the case and there's truth in it then we could know by Saturday night as Stoke play Sunderland and Arsenal play Norwich, Norwich and Sunderland are both away at those matches, if only one of them lose then we are mathematically safe, even if they both draw we could only go down on goal difference... our goal difference is currently +5, Norwich are -25 and Sunderland are -18... even if they both drew tomorrow and managed to win their remaining 3 games and we lost all of ours then they'd need to score a serious amount of goals in 4 games or we'd need to conceed just as many... but if they both win tomorrow and we lose then I am gonna starting pooing my pants lads...

It amazes me people are so certain they want to sack Martinez, the last thre months have been depressing ,but before that it was the most exciting football I have ever seen everton play. Our away from is very good and we have got to two semis.
Added to that teams that regularly sack managers have a propensity for falling through the league.
Massive decision for moshiri and certainly not cut and dried.
You serious bro??? We've won like 9 games all season... what's exciting about that? What's exciting about failing to win two cups while staying in the lower half of the league table? Bill Kenwright is that you?? Is Martínez sacked yet?

People giving £30 each to that.

I mean, who actually does that?

Reminds me of sitting with my daughter watching TV one night, when she was about eleven years old.

An advert came on about starving children somewhere in Africa. They were appealing for donations.

My girl sat mute.

Next ad break there was an appeal from the Worlld Wildlife sommat or other.

They were warning about how Tigers were an endangered species but for "as little as two pounds per month, you can help adopt a tiger cub and when it grows up it will be released into the wild".

I was pestered for an hour about signing up to "adopt" a baby tiger :(

These guys giving thirty quid toward the plane?

I bet they stick no more than a quid in Speedo Mick's collection bucket :Blink:

Reminds me of sitting with my daughter watching TV one night, when she was about eleven years old.

An advert came on about starving children somewhere in Africa. They were appealing for donations.

My girl sat mute.

Next ad break there was an appeal from the Worlld Wildlife sommat or other.

They were warning about how Tigers were an endangered species but for "as little as two pounds per month, you can help adopt a tiger cub and when it grows up it will be released into the wild".

I was pestered for an hour about signing up to "adopt" a baby tiger :(

These guys giving thirty quid toward the plane?

I bet they stick no more than a quid in Speedo Mick's collection bucket :Blink:
That's the way of the world I am afraid mate...

I did mention in the thread early on. I got the impression from Martinez's comments today that this meeting hadn't taken place.

I still think he'll go very soon, before the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back