Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did mention in the thread early on. I got the impression from Martinez's comments today that this meeting hadn't taken place.

I still think he'll go very soon, before the season ends.
KlRwTwq.gif

Reminds me of sitting with my daughter watching TV one night, when she was about eleven years old.

An advert came on about starving children somewhere in Africa. They were appealing for donations.

My girl sat mute.

Next ad break there was an appeal from the Worlld Wildlife sommat or other.

They were warning about how Tigers were an endangered species but for "as little as two pounds per month, you can help adopt a tiger cub and when it grows up it will be released into the wild".

I was pestered for an hour about signing up to "adopt" a baby tiger :(

These guys giving thirty quid toward the plane?

I bet they stick no more than a quid in Speedo Mick's collection bucket :Blink:

I'm sure they went on nights out and Pist 100 quid up the wall aswell but thats just the way it is... Things will never be the same, that's just the way it is awh yeeeeeee.

Reminds me of sitting with my daughter watching TV one night, when she was about eleven years old.

An advert came on about starving children somewhere in Africa. They were appealing for donations.

My girl sat mute.

Next ad break there was an appeal from the Worlld Wildlife sommat or other.

They were warning about how Tigers were an endangered species but for "as little as two pounds per month, you can help adopt a tiger cub and when it grows up it will be released into the wild".

I was pestered for an hour about signing up to "adopt" a baby tiger :(

These guys giving thirty quid toward the plane?

I bet they stick no more than a quid in Speedo Mick's collection bucket :Blink:
I suppose if you released a bunch of tigers into the wild it might also solve the starving child problem too.

Someone posted about the similarities with the Gordon Lee situation. Board meeting right before the end of the season, then sacked at the end of it. I can't remember now, but if true, maybe it's staying true to the so called Everton way. Irrespective he's gone, you could see it in his eyes during the presser. He's a beaten man. Hope he learns from it and becomes a better manager.

Someone posted about the similarities with the Gordon Lee situation. Board meeting right before the end of the season, then sacked at the end of it. I can't remember now, but if true, maybe it's staying true to the so called Everton way. Irrespective he's gone, you could see it in his eyes during the presser. He's a beaten man. Hope he learns from it and becomes a better manager.
I honestly wish him all the best - he definitely 'gets' Everton, but he's been a terrible manager for us.

As you said - hope he learns and becomes better, but his comments from earlier this months don't really show that happening...

I honestly wish him all the best - he definitely 'gets' Everton, but he's been a terrible manager for us.

As you said - hope he learns and becomes better, but his comments from earlier this months don't really show that happening...
his inability to learn from his own mistakes is what saw the fans turn on him in such numbers, if they saw him trying different things, actively looking for a solution or even just to try and adapt his methods, maybe there would be some patience left with him, but the reality is he would keep doing the same things if we were 20th in the league, and that lack of self reflection is whats killed him. I don't hate the guy and he did have a genuine long term vision, brought Kendall back, big dunc into the fold, unsworth seems to be well regarded, and galloway, holgate, robles, besic and gerry may all have a big part to play for us along with Rom, even if he goes we make a huge profit, but like you say it's over, and thats for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back