Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no hatred for Roberto or blame him in any way for the current "limbo" situation. He can say whatever he wants. It's the logical behaviour to want to promote yourself for what be the best job you will have in your lifetime.
Theres no personal hate (that would be stupid )
This is about whats best for our club and fans are allowed and SHOULD say how they see this situation

One thing I will say about Roberto - he did give us a belief that we rarely had before that we can be great and beat big teams. Win stuff. And for a while we were absolutely boss. I expected to win rather than lose.

What went wrong after that is a bit of a mystery. Players going off the boil. Teams figuring out how to play us and no plan B? Bit like Spain in World Cup.

I suppose if you released a bunch of tigers into the wild it might also solve the starving child problem too.

Don't care how much the Oxfam adverts do your head in, this is bang out of order.

Pretty sure they already have tigers in the wild anyway and it doesn't seem to have helped much.

Telegraph today has some decent news. Link down below and some highlights here:

"Everton are due to hold a board meeting on Friday in which the future of manager Roberto Martinez will be discussed with the Spaniard on the brink of being sacked." (seriously though; only the 'brink'?)

"Barring a major U-turn, it now just seems like a matter of when and not if Martinez will go – even if Everton decide to wait until the end of the season"

"Moshiri said to be particularly concerned by results and supporter dissatisfaction."

"The Everton board are aware that a number of players have been losing faith in Martinez for some time, with questions raised over his tactics and public comments."

"Everton produced a superb second-half performance that was almost enough to secure a place in the final, but sources close to the club credit the half-time turnaround to senior players calling for an improvement, rather than Martinez."

"The Toffees already face a major battle to hang on to star trio Romelu Lukaku,
John Stones and Ross Barkley this summer and keeping Martinez on would make that task even more difficult."

Spot on with most of that. Fingers crossed for some decisive action after the board meeting. (Don't hold your breath though eh?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ld-be-sacked-next-week-with-everton-board-me/

Graham Beecroft on talksport this morning, saying there is a board meeting at GP today. John Hartson laying all our problems at the players feet and say's we are where the club should be. Crazy how Martinez seems to instill belief in pundits in this country, Beekie closed him down brilliantly in his closing sentsance, i was driving along screaming at the radio, well done beeky.

Telegraph today has some decent news. Link down below and some highlights here:

"Everton are due to hold a board meeting on Friday in which the future of manager Roberto Martinez will be discussed with the Spaniard on the brink of being sacked." (seriously though; only the 'brink'?)

"Barring a major U-turn, it now just seems like a matter of when and not if Martinez will go – even if Everton decide to wait until the end of the season"

"Moshiri said to be particularly concerned by results and supporter dissatisfaction."

"The Everton board are aware that a number of players have been losing faith in Martinez for some time, with questions raised over his tactics and public comments."

"Everton produced a superb second-half performance that was almost enough to secure a place in the final, but sources close to the club credit the half-time turnaround to senior players calling for an improvement, rather than Martinez."

"The Toffees already face a major battle to hang on to star trio Romelu Lukaku,
John Stones and Ross Barkley this summer and keeping Martinez on would make that task even more difficult."

Spot on with most of that. Fingers crossed for some decisive action after the board meeting. (Don't hold your breath though eh?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ld-be-sacked-next-week-with-everton-board-me/
It's good that the meeting has been confirmed. All of this ties in with what @The Esk has been saying for ages by the way, almost to the letter.

Patience, people.

Graham Beecroft on talksport this morning, saying there is a board meeting at GP today. John Hartson laying all our problems at the players feet and say's we are where the club should be. Crazy how Martinez seems to instill belief in pundits in this country, Beekie closed him down brilliantly in his closing sentsance, i was driving along screaming at the radio, well done beeky.

It's like that interview that merson did, once he talks you doubt yourself

I reckon there is a chance he could go today.
If it did happen,i would find it really strange to do it the day before the game myself,as most said it should have happened earlier in the week,maybe we might actually win a game tomorrow, then they let him go.

How did he close him down pal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back