Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the arrogance of the man and his continued bullshit, more than the results, which angers me more. I rephrase that, disappoints me more.
If I was doing a rubbish job and I knew it, which he does, then I would hold my hand up and say "Look results have been poor, the buck stops at me, this is what I was trying to do tactically and it didn't work" not bullshit like "We are pushing for the top 4, that's not ambition that's delusion.
Perhaps it is a poor deflection tactic he uses rather than not admitting guilt?

The same way Jose draws attention to himself over the team, perhaps Martinez believes praising the players and not dwelling on negatives in the media will provide a positive starting block for the next game? Perhaps the biggest problem he has had this time round is that there are players here who can see how bad it is compared to previous results and can ask questions.

I agree, but he's still deluding himself
Yes and if he wants to improve as a manager then he needs to become more self aware, analyse his strengths and failings. Something that Simeone did for example. Unfortunately with Martinez you see no sign of that. I hope he reflects on what he needs to change after being sacked by Everton.

imagine he gets sacked today after having to do the press conf lol
Well I think today would be the more sensible day if we think about it - Monday to Wednesday was always going to be about Hillsborough so no way should we have done anything then, that'd have been insensitive.

Let him take the press conference yesterday so there is general team news, then sack him today. Yesterday would've been daft as you say, and Saturday morning is a bit odd as well, unless they'll wait until after the match.

Today is probably the best day. Last month would've been better, like......

Yes and if he wants to improve as a manager then he needs to become more self aware, analyse his strengths and failings. Something that Simeone did for example. Unfortunately with Martinez you see no sign of that. I hope he reflects on what he needs to change after being sacked by Everton.
He appears too stubborn, with no willingness to listen, and therefore will never learn.

That's not the sign of a good leader.

Another little thought to dwell on.

Perhaps the bug issue Martinez has ran into now losing the dressing room is that quite a lot of the squad were here under Moyes. As Moyes didn't invest much money, they would have been essentially a tight knit group as the likes of jags baines Coleman Howard distin mirallas and the squad players all were in it together. So when Martinez started to make issues with them and dropping them etc the group then became resistant to change and had a bit more of a unified front in the dressing room.
The straw thst broke it happened to be baines and his public hanging by him, after that the group said enough is enough, ergo, the sudden lack of interest in the performances.

If this story about a special board meeting today is correct then surely he will be gone, no one can look at how things have gone over the last couple of seasons and think he deserves more time.
I will be relieved then he is out of Goodison and we can look forward with a degree of confidence.

Another little thought to dwell on.

Perhaps the bug issue Martinez has ran into now losing the dressing room is that quite a lot of the squad were here under Moyes. As Moyes didn't invest much money, they would have been essentially a tight knit group as the likes of jags baines Coleman Howard distin mirallas and the squad players all were in it together. So when Martinez started to make issues with them and dropping them etc the group then became resistant to change and had a bit more of a unified front in the dressing room.
The straw thst broke it happened to be baines and his public hanging by him, after that the group said enough is enough, ergo, the sudden lack of interest in the performances.
I agree with your general point but I think the fallout happened long before the Baines incident, possibly through an incident or two that we didn't hear about.

If this story about a special board meeting today is correct then surely he will be gone, no one can look at how things have gone over the last couple of seasons and think he deserves more time.
I will be relieved then he is out of Goodison and we can look forward with a degree of confidence.
Why else would there be a board meeting if not to change regime? We can hope.

He appears too stubborn, with no willingness to listen, and therefore will never learn.

That's not the sign of a good leader.
I remember speaking to some Wigan fans when we got him, they said he is very stubborn it is either his way or the highway, they also said he has no plan B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back