Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange time to be an Everton fan.

There's so much to look forward to with the promise of new ownership. Yet there's this huge millstone around our necks, shaped like a Roberto Martinez, which is dragging all the positivity down.

When he goes, and he will, there'll be one almighty spring back of Evertonian mood.

If Moshiri follows that up with a top-class managerial replacement, it'll go even higher.

As I said in the other thread last week, Moshiri has been in the Arsenal culture for a long long time, I know some will argue they don't win as much as they should, but it's still a winning mentality and attitude to everything to do with business & football on and off the pitch.

If he's bought us because he wants that for himself, then he'll know that Martinez isn't the man to get to that level.

Hopefully he makes the change sooner rather than later at the end of the season.

There's so much to look forward to with the promise of new ownership. Yet there's this huge millstone around our necks, shaped like a Roberto Martinez, which is dragging all the positivity down.

When he goes, and he will, there'll be one almighty spring back of Evertonian mood.

If Moshiri follows that up with a top-class managerial replacement, it'll go even higher.

Sounds simple doesn't it?!

Ha! Oh Everton.

Another little thought to dwell on.

Perhaps the bug issue Martinez has ran into now losing the dressing room is that quite a lot of the squad were here under Moyes. As Moyes didn't invest much money, they would have been essentially a tight knit group as the likes of jags baines Coleman Howard distin mirallas and the squad players all were in it together. So when Martinez started to make issues with them and dropping them etc the group then became resistant to change and had a bit more of a unified front in the dressing room.
The straw thst broke it happened to be baines and his public hanging by him, after that the group said enough is enough, ergo, the sudden lack of interest in the performances.

Plus Gibson, Osman and pieannr are out the door with mirralas,Howard and lukaku and stones want out. You can see why there is an issue in the dressing room.

As I said in the other thread last week, Moshiri has been in the Arsenal culture for a long long time, I know some will argue they don't win as much as they should, but it's still a winning mentality and attitude to everything to do with business & football on and off the pitch.

If he's bought us because he wants that for himself, then he'll know that Martinez isn't the man to get to that level.

Hopefully he makes the change sooner rather than later at the end of the season.

That could swing the other way easily too though. They stick with their manager through thick and thin.

I'm starting to worry that this isn't going to happen and the worst manager in Everton's history will stay another season at least.

We hope... stranger things have happened
Not many.

Along with us losing all our games and those two winning all theirs, Swansea would have to pick up at least 2pts against Liverpool, West Ham and Man City, and Palace would have to get at least 3 points from their last 3 games.

Completely understand the negativity at the moment, but we are not getting relegated.

If he's still here next season, might be a different matter of course, but not this season.

If the board are meeting today to ratify the fact martinez won't be here next season then delaying or not speaking to the fans could have a negative effect itself surely?

If the meeting is in the media now as fact, then the fans know they are discussing the issue. If they then don't say a word about it, then it will look like he is staying again, which would be another stick to beat the club with however unnecessary it is to have that?

Been saying it for weeks, all the club need to do is tell the fans what is happening. The board will know, hell even martinez will know he isn't staying beyond a few weeks time but the fans should know as well, even if it is just to avert the negative reactions at the home games.

Plus Gibson, Osman and pieannr are out the door with mirralas,Howard and lukaku and stones want out. You can see why there is an issue in the dressing room.
exactly yes, im sure hibberto/osman aren't deamnding first team places but they have been here for moyes, they seen how a semi succesful team operates and how they were all treated during that time. When the results are going south and the seniors can ask why are we being told to do that? it would create a division between the players and manager.

Exactly the same happened at united. A winning team, one that had just won the league as well was being told to defend and fear the opposition. Of course the likes of ferninand vidic evra rooney would be kicking up a fuss between themselves about it, especially when they went from challenging for the title to breaking unwanted records every week.

Surely there can't be a much publicised board meeting specifically regarding one decision and allow the man at the centre of it all face the fans tomorrow .

Much earlier in the week in this thread or one very similar , a poster suggested that on Friday we would see who the biggest Blue of all was.
Underneath was a picture of Jon Woods.

At that time there was no mention of a Friday board meeting or I hadn't seen any, but the poster, I can't remember who it was called it correctly.

there is a meeting today. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Much earlier in the week in this thread or one very similar , a poster suggested that on Friday we would see who the biggest Blue of all was.
Underneath was a picture of Jon Woods.

At that time there was no mention of a Friday board meeting or I hadn't seen any, but the poster, I can't remember who it was called it correctly.

there is a meeting today. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

Aye I remember seeing someone put a post on from Twitter from some person saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back