Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 cents worth.
Board meeting is the usual standard normal planned meeting. (e.g. not extraordinary meeting.)
Bill+co will not approve to sack/fire bobby thus stalemate till Moshiri buys out the rest of the shares in June.
Manager sacked after the season is completed.
New Manager in the summer

Bill 1 v EFC 0 till June.

I hope we as fans RAGE on Saturday and put Bill & Bobby on the front page of every Sunday newspaper.

Bill 1 v EFC 2.

He's not as bad as Walter Smith or Mike Walker yet. But agree he needs to go.
He is mate.

least walker and smith could point to the poor players they had to work with as being a mark for why things weren't going great.

Walker sure was probably the worst of the lot considering he nose dived us nearly into division one. But martinez is not far off it, 25 goals striker sitting in the bottom half and not winning games? the types of teams with strikers who do that are winning titles (Leicester and spurs) yet we are just expected to buy into the small club mentality the media believe of us?

these past two years have been bad, and more so for all the stories that have not come out yet. thw write up someone put up from facebook the other days pretty much spelled out how bad martinez has been, and how much damage he has done to the club.

My 2 cents worth.
Board meeting is the usual standard normal planned meeting. (e.g. not extraordinary meeting.)
Bill+co will not approve to sack/fire bobby thus stalemate till Moshiri buys out the rest of the shares in June.

I hope we as fans RAGE on Saturday and put Bill & Bobby on the front page of every Sunday newspaper.

Bill 1 v EFC 2.

I could see this playing out like this and if so it may be a short term victory for Kenwroght if he still had some forms of sway but long term we all know Martinez is a gunner and Moshiri will be judged by who he brings in and how much the new manager is backed.

My 2 cents worth.

Bill 1 v EFC 2.
highly unlikeley because kenwright and co as you put it have very little say anymore.

Plus to grab a good manager we have to act fact after the seasons end, there are plenty of decent managers who we could get later on sure but if you want to be ambitious and pellegrini for arguments sake, then we aren't the only club in for him. Thw whole structure needs to change, and keeping martinez around for nothing just because kenwright thinks so is not a productive situation.

Also everyone says kenright is backing martinez, why do people think that? Perhaps he too has been convinced he needs to go?

...if he fails to alter this then I genuinely fear for the rest of his management career. He absorbs SO very little in relation to learning and adaption.

It's actually quite odd.

I said this to a couple of friends yesterday, honestly can you name one PL side who would consider having him after seeing 2 years of piss poor management with us? I can't and I think he will have to go abroad and try and get a job in a less demanding league.

I honestly think he will struggle to get another job in England

Another little thought to dwell on.

Perhaps the bug issue Martinez has ran into now losing the dressing room is that quite a lot of the squad were here under Moyes. As Moyes didn't invest much money, they would have been essentially a tight knit group as the likes of jags baines Coleman Howard distin mirallas and the squad players all were in it together. So when Martinez started to make issues with them and dropping them etc the group then became resistant to change and had a bit more of a unified front in the dressing room.
The straw thst broke it happened to be baines and his public hanging by him, after that the group said enough is enough, ergo, the sudden lack of interest in the performances.

...absolutely and without question the truth will out over this at some point in the future and the very idea of BOB being an all round lovely & nice man should be put to bed quite sharply. It was self-protection in its most egotistical form, no more, no less....

In short - BAINES was the variant of PASCOE for BRENDAN.

Surely there can't be a much publicised board meeting specifically regarding one decision and allow the man at the centre of it all face the fans tomorrow .

Unless they back him which seems unlikely. It's worth noting that the board have offered no 'official' public support of the manager in the face of increasing speculation.

Personally, if it truly is up in the air about whether he stays or goes then I think this meeting would happen without the press being briefed. If they decide to keep him after it being known that there was/is some doubt at board level, then his position might be further undermined in the eyes of the fans, press and most importantly the players.

That it's clearly in the public domain says to me that he's going and most likely today.

Can anyone think of a manager that has had a worse down turn in win % in Premier League history? Maybe, at a push, Rodgers at the rs the season after they sold Suarez.

image.webp

Martinez is the worst manager of the PL era I think. Of managers that have completed full seasons, not including the likes of John Carver.

My 2 cents worth.

Bill 1 v EFC 2.

On that basis, this would suggest its Moshiri v Bill after six weeks.
I cant believe that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back