Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way mate I think we will all get what we want. I've given up fuming tbh because I thought he should have been sacked after

Arsenal home
Utd away
Saints home
RS away
Semi final

That's just under Moshiris tenure but I can sort of understand why he hasn't pulled the trigger yet, still getting to grips with what's required behind the scenes and not wanting to look like a trigger happy owner. I think we will see how ruthless he can be in time though mate.

Plus we don't know what kind pay off Everton might have to do to get rid of Martinez. Everyone is discussing 2m but what if when he signed his new contract he had clauses put in protecting himself from the sack, might include remaining contract has to be paid plus x amount of money. Nothing wrong with being prudent with money because let's be honest Martinez doesn't deserve 10p as a pay off.
He should have been sacked after hull away last season for me!

If that how it goes down then Bill has given the fan base the middle finger and frankly he has no right to any BS lifetime president like role in the club going forward.

I hope Moshiri leaves him with 1 share and nothing more.

Which is exactly how I felt when I saw martinez wheel himself on for that inane presser yesterday.

I read £6-9m the other day....sickening.
If Moshiri had complete control bobby would have been thrown onto the street a while back that,s my feeling. It will happen but it seems it will happen on Bill,s terms which is in keeping with his legacy of failure and behaviours of "ME, ME, ME first" for the last 20 yrs.

Yep 6-9m would be a repeated kick in the balls so if that was the case and we could get rid of him for cheaper end of season I'm willing to wait.

He should have resigned as his management has bordered on negligent at best but if he won't and we have to pay him off I want the pay off to be as low as possible.

If that how it goes down then Bill has given the fan base the middle finger and frankly he has no right to any BS lifetime president like role in the club going forward.

I hope Moshiri leaves him with 1 share and nothing more.

The future of the club is mapped out already.

Moshiri is attending today to ensure that his board acts in the way he wants them to. No major, soon to be majority, shareholder allows his board to roll him over.

When I say the future is mapped out, it is mapped out in terms of ownership - there's a plan in place and that will be executed in line with the agreements already reached and Moshiri's wishes. Within two years BK and JW will no longer be shareholders - I don't know the precise timing relating to the options agreement - that's not in the public domain.

...that's the tragedy for me. The 'nearly-man' tag may haunt him for always because I can't see him getting a better opportunity than he's had here...
I think the bigger picture is how can you see him being a succesful manager anywhere using his tactics and planning that he has shown in the premier league?

The only real success he has had was swansea in league one, where the style of football had never really come up against anyone wanting to pass and create the way martinez wants to. Kinda like sticking him in scotland and hgetting the same result

Stoke away for me mate but I know what you mean. I was just mentioning since Moshiri has been here but yeah last season he could have had no complaints of he was booted out after some absolutely disgusting performances, Hull and Stoke away stick out
I only turned to wanting him out after the home game v West Ham this season, lost 2-3

His substitutions that day were atrocious

I don't think it was a mistake getting rid of them, it was a mistake not upgrading them and finding replacements. He hasn't found anyone still to replace Pienaar for nigh on 2 years even though he knew how important he was with his understanding with Baines. Same could be said for Osman and Hibbert.

Spot on, martienz had wasted baines for nt finding him a decent partner. All of knew Howard needs replacing in the summer and we all knew we needed a playmaker

I only turned to wanting him out after the home game v West Ham this season, lost 2-3

His substitutions that day were atrocious

Aye I think a lot turned after that game. How to snatch defeat from the claws of victory perfectly summed up in that game.

Even a simple thing like Roms crap pen. There and then Martinez should have said "right that was crap your off them and Baines is on them and if he's not on the pitch Ross is in them".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back