Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another factor in martinez thought process is that he never has any pressure on him for results

This is a good point, without expectation there is complacency, same happened with Moyes. A characteristic of Kenwright's chairmanship. Boy's clubs and blazers are all about belonging, competitiveness is a dirty word. We've been run like Lancaster Gate for decades. A relic, completely at odds with modern football.

I agree mate, I'd be surprised if they were to pull the plug today this close to a game but maybe this is the start of a new way of doing things at Everton under Moshiri? The meeting today may have been the first time this week diaries have allowed them all to convene?

My personal view is that if they decide today he isn't the man for the job then they should sack him today. Its not fair to make a decision to sack him but not action it until next week when tomorrow could be a day when things really spill over if the Bournemouth game goes badly.
Like Ive said, they may want the crowd to crank the pressure up on him, to accept reduced terms. The 'Board meeting' a day before a game is just part of that cranking of the pressure

I agree mate, I'd be surprised if they were to pull the plug today this close to a game but maybe this is the start of a new way of doing things at Everton under Moshiri? The meeting today may have been the first time this week diaries have allowed them all to convene?

My personal view is that if they decide today he isn't the man for the job then they should sack him today. Its not fair to make a decision to sack him but not action it until next week when tomorrow could be a day when things really spill over if the Bournemouth game goes badly.

Agreed and key point to note is Saturdays game holds no real significance in the big scheme of things - and if they have half a clue between them they will have been informed that there is a groundswell of feeling that could result in a whole myriad of protests on Saturday that they may find embarrasing.

Keeping him on for a minute longer serves no purpose at all.

I agree. Said it earlier it just looks bad on the club if he continues to put poor results in after the so long without anything even said about it.

for the fact that the club are getting rid of him as well, what is the point? Why have fans booing the team when you are giving them what they want? Why have chants and banners saying martinez out when he will be out? It, to me is just madness to go down that path.

If they are meeting today, then I think he'll be sacked today. No way will they wait til Monday (doubt they'd make an announcement on a Sunday) and have that cloud hanging over the team for the whole weekend.

I think Elstone is a pretty shrewd politician and he knows the direction of travel here.

Given he is a full time employee and dependent on EFC for his income I doubt he'll be sticking his neck out too much with Mr Moshiri.

Apologies @chazzle_dazzle just saw you make the same point

No probs mate - I just can't see him going against the future major shareholder, he will want to be seen in a good light to Moshiri when this decision and potential vote comes around. If it gets voted on it could end up being 3-1.

You do have to laugh about that comment he made 'judge me on 3 years not 3 months'.

It is almost like he said it to himself in the mirror before leaving the house and thought it sounded good lol I know what he is getting at, base him on his first season, but how can he just block out a poor season in between like it didn't exist? the fact he said that is pretty much saying how bad ami doing then rather than saying anything to encourage keeping him at the club.

Be it a bit odd if today's meeting confirms his sacking (at least in terms of board ratification) and then they announce it they day before the game.
I doubt that will happen. Let him take the Bournemouth game, it's fine by me if the decision is made public after the game, later in the weekend, or on Monday, though any further delays beyond that will be problematic all round.
There is an air of crisis and drift around Everton at the moment, and that's not good on any level - for a prospective new manager, for players we want to retain, and attract to join in the summer. The fire needs putting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back