Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, if the fury evidenced in written form on here is anything to go by when he took the press conference yesterday, imagine the vocal response he'll get tomorrow is he's still manager.
Am not sure if the match-going fans are quite as vehement as the posters are on the forum and suspect the atmosphere tomorrow will not be as toxic as some are suggesting. Most fans want him gone, I believe, but I will be surprised if there is much expression of that, apart from the plane and maybe the odd individual fan. Of course, that could all change when Bournemouth score...

All the board meeting will do today is ratify the decision already made by Moshiri imo.

If Kenwright makes a case for Martinez to remain then ultimately it'll just be meaningless waffle, that'll have no impact on the decision the de facto owner wants.

Elstone will fall into line and Woods obviously thinks it's time for change as well from his actions at the derby.

The slight compromise to pacify Bill might be that he remains in charge until the seasons end, but I'd expect there to be a strong argument against given the current malaise on and off the pitch.

image.webp

I don't even know but I've been laughing at this for about 9 minutes.

Ah i haven't seen that.... was it on here or twitter or something. Interesting if it is today.

I honestly think he will side 100% with Moshiri, walking out the derby was a big sign in my eyes.

Look if he goes today or not, the board need to make a statement about the situation - he is leaving at the end of the season, today tomorrow whatever. Take the sting out of tomorrow, Martinez is a nice overly optimistic man, i don't want to see him getting the abuse thats probably coming tomorrow.

Thanks for trying, but your not good enough Roberto.
woods.webp

All the board meeting will do today is ratify the decision already made by Moshiri imo.

If Kenwright makes a case for Martinez to remain then ultimately it'll just be meaningless waffle, that'll have no impact on the decision the de facto owner wants.

Elstone will fall into line and Woods obviously thinks it's time for change as well from his actions at the derby.

The slight compromise to pacify Bill might be that he remains in charge until the seasons end, but I'd expect there to be a strong argument against given the current malaise on and off the pitch.

Imagine in the meeting they're all reeling off lists of valid reasons to sack him, then it rolls around to Bill and Moshiri is like "so Bill, after all the evidence presented, what is your reason for wanting to keep him?" And Bill just goes "he's the most wonderful guy you'll ever meet".

Kenwright, that

Earlier in the week a guy who suggested he knew JW personally tweeted that on Friday we would all see proof that JW is the best Evertonian on the Board. This was before the meeting was publicly announced and I was puzzled why he specifically said Friday. Could JW be the Grim reaper for Martinez today?

I feel like one of the old Kremlinologists here, trying to find clues in the slightest piece of info...

Funnily, I thought exactly this during the week, as someone who takes a keen interest in Soviet & Russian history/politics. Remember Sunday is May day :) Will Martinez be on the plinth with the rest of the politburo for the parade??

SKY keep referencing the meeting now and the 'discussion of RM's future' within it...

ALSO

They're doing a HOWE v RM contrast and compare.

Ooooffff...

RM's getting laid into...

I only turned to wanting him out after the home game v West Ham this season, lost 2-3

His substitutions that day were atrocious
The west ham game was special for me because that was the game i stopped backing the manager whatsoever. No way back from that sadly.

I stopped backing moyes after sunderland 2010/11 i think it was. When we played sunderland, defended a 1-0 lead after 6 minutes like it was the last 6 minutes, didn't bring strikers on until the 82nd and 3rd minute etc that was the point where i realised things weren't going to improve and wanted him to see his contract out.

So seeing what happened at west ham, coupled with complete deniability for why we lost the game (despitr west ham player telling the press exactly what it was) it just was the end of the road for him in my eyes.

technically they can't sack him today.

If they are meeting in london then they would have to travel back up there and tell him and do the necessary business stuff before announcing it.

Not enough hours in the day to do all of that.

Just cranck up the FAX if paper is that important!

Cant see the distance between London and Liverpool being a stumbling block to that sort of decision. More likley somethig like:

All agreed !

Yes - Bill stop mumbling we are doing this.

Scroll through speed dial numbers to Phenomonal

Brrrr Brrrr followed by Z Cars

Bob !

Que!

Its Mosh - Jog on Son ! We will sort the paperwork etc over the next few days.

Job done - start rebuilding.

Funnily, I thought exactly this during the week, as someone who takes a keen interest in Soviet & Russian history/politics. Remember Sunday is May day :) Will Martinez be on the plinth with the rest of the politburo for the parade??

If I was on the Board, I would be contacting Beria to take care of matters asap...(sorry, Soviet history quip and a bit off-topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back