Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the week a guy who suggested he knew JW personally tweeted that on Friday we would all see proof that JW is the best Evertonian on the Board. This was before the meeting was publicly announced and I was puzzled why he specifically said Friday. Could JW be the Grim reaper for Martinez today?

I feel like one of the old Kremlinologists here, trying to find clues in the slightest piece of info...

An Enigma within an Enigma.;)

I don't think there's a rift at board level.

You never know for sure mate - but I agreee.

No matter what you think of each individual I dont think any of them are that blinkered that they can't get the fact that times are changing and they need to get on board as we move forward.

Wouldn't contact man just sort all the paperwork etc?

Just cranck up the FAX if paper is that important!

Cant see the distance between London and Liverpool being a stumbling block to that sort of decision. More likley somethig like:

All agreed !

Yes - Bill stop mumbling we are doing this.

Scroll through speed dial numbers to Phenomonal

Brrrr Brrrr followed by Z Cars

Bob !

Que!

Its Mosh - Jog on Son ! We will sort the paperwork etc over the next few days.

Job done - start rebuilding.

I hope that is the case, i'm not an expert on how managers are sacked (shockingly being an everton fan!) so it could be possible. just seems a load of hassle that business men are not going to be arsed about a week too late.

surely meeting in liverpool?

glancing at the stuff put up earlier it mentioned london as that is where moshiri and kenwright are. Could be wrong mind you, i only know as far as what people are posting on herelol

Funnily, I thought exactly this during the week, as someone who takes a keen interest in Soviet & Russian history/politics. Remember Sunday is May day :) Will Martinez be on the plinth with the rest of the politburo for the parade??

Or a torn down discarded statue, flung into some remote park for pigeons to poo on for eternity.

Can anyone think of a manager that has had a worse down turn in win % in Premier League history? Maybe, at a push, Rodgers at the rs the season after they sold Suarez.

View attachment 21862

Martinez is the worst manager of the PL era I think. Of managers that have completed full seasons, not including the likes of John Carver.
2wgagqe.jpg

And he pipes up in press conferences saying judge me on 3 years, there is a clear, distinct, steep, decline.

He deserves the sack, I like him as a fella, I don't want to see he become a hate figure, but any competent manager would have taken steps to improve our defending, if it was me, I'd have scouted a top defensive coach to come in and work with the players, this would have been my job on the line, I'd have done what I could to sort it.

He didn't learn at Wigan, he's not learnt here, he's philosophy on how football should be played is fundamentally flawed and he won't change.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back