Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are meeting today, then I think he'll be sacked today. No way will they wait til Monday (doubt they'd make an announcement on a Sunday) and have that cloud hanging over the team for the whole weekend.

And with it being a home match tomorrow, the Board will be there to watch it, and would have to see first hand the possible toxic result of their inability to sack him. Wouldn't be pleasant for them!

I feel sorry for him. Not a fan of a witch hunt against one man. It's bit like bullying.
I blame the board not the fans who can end this situation right now.

Be it a bit odd if today's meeting confirms his sacking (at least in terms of board ratification) and then they announce it they day before the game.
I doubt that will happen. Let him take the Bournemouth game, it's fine by me if the decision is made public after the game, later in the weekend, or on Monday, though any further delays beyond that will be problematic all round.
There is an air of crisis and drift around Everton at the moment, and that's not good on any level - for a prospective new manager, for players we want to retain, and attract to join in the summer. The fire needs putting out.

They might want to test the fans and see how many are against him before making a decision

And with it being a home match tomorrow, the Board will be there to watch it, and would have to see first hand the possible toxic result of their inability to sack him. Wouldn't be pleasant for them!
Yup, if the fury evidenced in written form on here is anything to go by when he took the press conference yesterday, imagine the vocal response he'll get tomorrow is he's still manager.

mate that ship has sailed. bouremouth may as well be a pre season friendly for all importance of it. Either he is gone hopefully tomorrow as per esk#s cryptic comments, or he will leave come end of the season with announcement made this week.

He is sacked, losing to bournemouth is neither here nor there.

Oh I agree.

But I think if he loses tomorrow/fails to win, he'll be gone next week.

If we win he may get until the end of the season, rightly or wrongly.

I was thinking about elstone the other day and i was almost convinced that he would vote whichever way Bill voted. However i think he is a self serving beaut and i don't think for a second he will do anything but look after number one, and if Moshiri is going to be majority shareholder soon - he will align himself which whatever is best for his own future.

I think Woods showed which way he was voting with walking out of the derby personally. I think he will side with Moshiri.

Earlier in the week a guy who suggested he knew JW personally tweeted that on Friday we would all see proof that JW is the best Evertonian on the Board. This was before the meeting was publicly announced and I was puzzled why he specifically said Friday. Could JW be the Grim reaper for Martinez today?

I feel like one of the old Kremlinologists here, trying to find clues in the slightest piece of info...

Why? What possible difference could that result make to his suitability to be manager?

If he's not gone by now, that result and none after it will make any difference, as the board will have made their position (and shocking incompetence and disregard for the fans) perfectly clear.

No I think he's gone mate.

As I've said in my other response though, lost to bournemouth it could be as early as sunday.

They might want to test the fans and see how many are against him before making a decision
I agree but IMO too late for that - we are well beyond the point now where a firm decision needs to be taken and not be dependent on protests, results in the remaining games, and office politics. As I think 90% agree, he needs to be sacked as soon as possible. Whether he remains in charge until season's end, though I don't see any benefit to either him or the club in doing so, is almost moot.

That you can give them credit for i think. No votes of confidence or any other media tactic, just tactically going about business to the point where martinez is just let go.

although what i dont get is martinez yesterday did not sound like a manager under the impression he could be going. some of his words were still highly optimistic for a manager who could be sacked a day later, because he would have had an idea surely?

A manager who was potentially going today or very soon would run a business conference, talk about injuries , ready for next game and then leave.

I'd agree with that for anyone but Martinez. His level of delusion is quite staggering.

Who can blame him for thinking he is untouchable, he got the job of his life and a year later we put his face on the side of the stand like he was Chairman Mao. Perhaps he could use his pending unemployment to write his own manifesto book:

Roberto Martinez's Little Blue Book of Football Tactics

Contents

Introduction by Bill Kenwright.
Chapter 1: Plan A.
Index.
Bibliography.

Remember when he said that the goalkeeper shouldnt be under pressure and number 1 will remain number 1 even if he had a bad game because goalkeepers shouldnt be worrying about his position.

Naive

technically they can't sack him today.

If they are meeting in london then they would have to travel back up there and tell him and do the necessary business stuff before announcing it.

Not enough hours in the day to do all of that.

Earlier in the week a guy who suggested he knew JW personally tweeted that on Friday we would all see proof that JW is the best Evertonian on the Board. This was before the meeting was publicly announced and I was puzzled why he specifically said Friday. Could JW be the Grim reaper for Martinez today?

I feel like one of the old Kremlinologists here, trying to find clues in the slightest piece of info...

Ah i haven't seen that.... was it on here or twitter or something. Interesting if it is today.

I honestly think he will side 100% with Moshiri, walking out the derby was a big sign in my eyes.

Look if he goes today or not, the board need to make a statement about the situation - he is leaving at the end of the season, today tomorrow whatever. Take the sting out of tomorrow, Martinez is a nice overly optimistic man, i don't want to see him getting the abuse thats probably coming tomorrow.

Thanks for trying, but your not good enough Roberto.

technically they can't sack him today.

If they are meeting in london then they would have to travel back up there and tell him and do the necessary business stuff before announcing it.

Not enough hours in the day to do all of that.
Wouldn't contact man just sort all the paperwork etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back