Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bigger picture is how can you see him being a succesful manager anywhere using his tactics and planning that he has shown in the premier league?

The only real success he has had was swansea in league one, where the style of football had never really come up against anyone wanting to pass and create the way martinez wants to. Kinda like sticking him in scotland and hgetting the same result

...imagine the combined regret when in 2019 DUMBARTON win the Champions League Final with BOB at the helm.

What a day that'll be.

*gonna deffo up my medication.

Another factor in martinez thought process is that he never has any pressure on him for results. He would have still been at wigan that following year if we had not gone in for him (shocking bad that), then once here, he has never been in a position where poor results may cost him his job. If that was the case, we would not have gone so far down that run of 9 games recently which has ended up with 0 wins , out the cup and firmly in the bottom half.

Why should he change if the clubs arent asking him to? He has been able to carry on down the same train of thought for a good while because he only ever gets support from the board room.

There may well be a board meeting today, but there will be no announcement till next week... (Maybe sat night if we lose and it kick's off with the protests at the match) imo

He'll be sacked today - I just gotta feeling.

In favour of keeping him - Bill and Elstone
In favour of sacking him - The Russian and Woods

Moshi will wade in and crack some skulls - job done ...Shut the door on your way out Bobby!

putting my flag in the sand here, i don't think he will be sacked today. Just would seem out of the blue to do it a day before the game.

I can see next week perhaps a statement go out to say he will be leaving but if we are negotiating with other managers as speculated then they could go hand in hand with one being signed and the other ripped up.

if he isnt sacked today then he is here for the last 3, simply put. You either sack him after last week or you put up and shut up til may with him and part ways.

Stoke away for me mate but I know what you mean. I was just mentioning since Moshiri has been here but yeah last season he could have had no complaints of he was booted out after some absolutely disgusting performances, Hull and Stoke away stick out
Yeah!when your getting taught a lesson home and away by Steve Bruce you know the man has serious flaws!

Moshi will wade in and crack some skulls - job done ...Shut the door on your way out Bobby!

Not sure about Elstone, he has only recently become a Board member following Moshiri's arrival and if you excuse the mixed metaphors, he will have more than half an eye on which way the wind is blowing at the club.

Not sure about Elstone, he has only recently become a Board member following Moshiri's arrival and if you excuse the mixed metaphors, he will have more than half an eye on which way the wind is blowing at the club.

Aye - you may have a point there. The key vote here I think will be the Woods vote. He's a massive mate of Bill's however I think he knows that Martinez has to go for the sake of the club.

putting my flag in the sand here, i don't think he will be sacked today. Just would seem out of the blue to do it a day before the game.

I can see next week perhaps a statement go out to say he will be leaving but if we are negotiating with other managers as speculated then they could go hand in hand with one being signed and the other ripped up.

if he isnt sacked today then he is here for the last 3, simply put. You either sack him after last week or you put up and shut up til may with him and part ways.

I agree mate, I'd be surprised if they were to pull the plug today this close to a game but maybe this is the start of a new way of doing things at Everton under Moshiri? The meeting today may have been the first time this week diaries have allowed them all to convene?

My personal view is that if they decide today he isn't the man for the job then they should sack him today. Its not fair to make a decision to sack him but not action it until next week when tomorrow could be a day when things really spill over if the Bournemouth game goes badly.

Aye - you may have a point there. The key vote here I think will be the Woods vote. He's a massive mate of Bill's however I think he knows that Martinez has to go for the sake of the club.

I was thinking about elstone the other day and i was almost convinced that he would vote whichever way Bill voted. However i think he is a self serving beaut and i don't think for a second he will do anything but look after number one, and if Moshiri is going to be majority shareholder soon - he will align himself which whatever is best for his own future.

I think Woods showed which way he was voting with walking out of the derby personally. I think he will side with Moshiri.

I think Elstone is a pretty shrewd politician and he knows the direction of travel here.

Given he is a full time employee and dependent on EFC for his income I doubt he'll be sticking his neck out too much with Mr Moshiri.

Apologies @chazzle_dazzle just saw you make the same point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back