Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see this playing out like this and if so it may be a short term victory for Kenwroght if he still had some forms of sway but long term we all know Martinez is a gunner and Moshiri will be judged by who he brings in and how much the new manager is backed.

If that how it goes down then Bill has given the fan base the middle finger and frankly he has no right to any BS lifetime president like role in the club going forward.

I hope Moshiri leaves him with 1 share and nothing more.

Unless they back him which seems unlikely. It's worth noting that the board have offered no 'official' public support of the manager in the face of increasing speculation.

Personally, if it truly is up in the air about whether he stays or goes then I think this meeting would happen without the press being briefed. If they decide keep him after it being known that there was/is some doubt at board level then his position might be further undermined in the eyes of the fans, press and most importantly the players.

That it's clearly in the public domain says to me that he's going and most likely today.

That you can give them credit for i think. No votes of confidence or any other media tactic, just tactically going about business to the point where martinez is just let go.

although what i dont get is martinez yesterday did not sound like a manager under the impression he could be going. some of his words were still highly optimistic for a manager who could be sacked a day later, because he would have had an idea surely?

A manager who was potentially going today or very soon would run a business conference, talk about injuries , ready for next game and then leave.

I said this to a couple of friends yesterday, honestly can you name one PL side who would consider having him after seeing 2 years of piss poor management with us? I can't and I think he will have to go abroad and try and get a job in a less demanding league.

I honestly think he will struggle to get another job in England

I've had the VERY same discussion, and with the same outcome.

All good and decent managers - along with having the natural 'knack' for it - learn on the job, it's part & parcel. He doesn't. It just repeats and repeats and repeats. And he STILL gleans positives from that repetition. Which is somehow odder still because it's essentially him saying 'You're all wrong, I'm right' and flicking two-fingers...

There's still a remote chance ROM could finish leading goalscorer...and we finish 15th. Imagine mis-managing an opportunity/talent like that.

As per, with most things in relation to RM, the numbers just never add up.

Scotland or Spain for him I reckon. RM I mean, not ROM...who's gonna sign a 5yr extension with us, obviously...;)

Not sure about that tbh, he's up there with Walker for me. Why? Because we've just gone and got the worst home record in our history and that has took some doing so for that reason he deserves to be put with the crappest of the crap

It could even be argued that with his salary relative to others in Europe he is THE

If that how it goes down then Bill has given the fan base the middle finger and frankly he has no right to any BS lifetime president like role in the club going forward.

I hope Moshiri leaves him with 1 share and nothing more.

Either way mate I think we will all get what we want. I've given up fuming tbh because I thought he should have been sacked after

Arsenal home
Utd away
Saints home
RS away
Semi final

That's just under Moshiris tenure but I can sort of understand why he hasn't pulled the trigger yet, still getting to grips with what's required behind the scenes and not wanting to look like a trigger happy owner. I think we will see how ruthless he can be in time though mate.

Plus we don't know what kind pay off Everton might have to do to get rid of Martinez. Everyone is discussing 2m but what if when he signed his new contract he had clauses put in protecting himself from the sack, might include remaining contract has to be paid plus x amount of money. Nothing wrong with being prudent with money because let's be honest Martinez doesn't deserve 10p as a pay off.

There is little point in him managing the side tomorrow now.

I actually think the Board are trying to force his hand into a settlement that suits Everton more than Martinez.

By having the Board Meeting with little time before the game, they are cranking up the speculation amongst fans and media

I still think his mistake was not getting rid of Howard and Gibson and pienaar last summer

I don't think it was a mistake getting rid of them, it was a mistake not upgrading them and finding replacements. He hasn't found anyone still to replace Pienaar for nigh on 2 years even though he knew how important he was with his understanding with Baines. Same could be said for Osman and Hibbert.

Either way mate I think we will all get what we want. I've given up fuming tbh because I thought he should have been sacked after

Arsenal home
Utd away
Saints home
RS away
Semi final

That's just under Moshiris tenure but I can sort of understand why he hasn't pulled the trigger yet, still getting to grips with what's required behind the scenes and not wanting to look like a trigger happy owner. I think we will see how ruthless he can be in time though mate.

Plus we don't know what kind pay off Everton might have to do to get rid of Martinez. Everyone is discussing 2m but what if when he signed his new contract he had clauses put in protecting himself from the sack, might include remaining contract has to be paid plus x amount of money. Nothing wrong with being prudent with money because let's be honest Martinez doesn't deserve 10p as a pay off.

True, that's too much!

I've had the VERY same discussion, and with the same outcome.

All good and decent managers - along with having the natural 'knack' for it - learn on the job, it's part & parcel. He doesn't. It just repeats and repeats and repeats. And he STILL gleans positives from that repetition. Which is somehow odder still because it's essentially him saying 'You're all wrong, I'm right' and flicking two-fingers...

There's still a remote chance ROM could finish leading goalscorer...and we finish 15th. Imagine mis-managing an opportunity/talent like that.

As per, with most things in relation to RM, the numbers just never add up.

Scotland or Spain for him I reckon. RM I mean, not ROM...who's gonna sign a 5yr extension with us, obviously...;)

He might have to take some time out tbh because the damage to his career might take a while to heal. There's better managers than him who have struggled to find work in the past.

Arsenal home
Utd away
Saints home
RS away
Semi final

I read £6-9m the other day....sickening.
If Moshiri had complete control bobby would have been thrown onto the street a while back that,s my feeling. It will happen but it seems it will happen on Bill,s terms which is in keeping with his legacy of failure and behaviours of "ME, ME, ME first" for the last 20 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back