Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game tomorrow doesnt matter and they couldnt do it earlier in the week for obvious reasons
If it did happen,i would find it really strange to do it the day before the game myself,as most said it should have happened earlier in the week,maybe we might actually win a game tomorrow, then they let him go.
The game tomorrow doesnt matter and they couldnt do it earlier in the week for obvious reasons.

The game tomorrow doesnt matter and they couldnt do it earlier in the week for obvious reasons

The game tomorrow doesnt matter and they couldnt do it earlier in the week for obvious reasons.
Every game matters to me mate ;),want a win even if it means nothing to no one else,or didnt move us up the table etc.

This board meeting will demonstrate how involved Moshiri would like to be. Sacked and he wants success, listen to Bill he wants a cheque.

It's good that the meeting has been confirmed. All of this ties in with what @The Esk has been saying for ages by the way, almost to the letter.

Patience, people.

The board meeting has been common knowledge for a while. The key point of what the esk has consistently said (as far as I can see) is that Martinez won't be here at the start of next season. That remains to be seen; but here's hoping.

If we don't get a result Vs Bournemouth we can all sing the 'Sacked in the Morning' song.
@chicoazul, if ever we needed a 'proper' preview this is it. ( is he still here?)

I do think that a loss on Saturday would see the axe fall on RM, but if we sang that at RM we would get absolutely slaughtered in the media, and quite rightly so it would be shameful.

By all means we can want a managerial change, but there is a massive difference between booing and chanting that at our own manager.

I do think that a loss on Saturday would see the axe fall on RM, but if we sang that at RM we would get absolutely slaughtered in the media, and quite rightly so it would be shameful.

By all means we can want a managerial change, but there is a massive difference between booing and chanting that at our own manager.
How so?

Considering the long list of stats, the quality of performances and the fact this all happened last year as well I doubt the media would bat an eye lid at the fans wanting him gone.

I think there will be a massive swing in media coverage over the next 4 weeks or so. Martinez gone and good manager replacing him will make the media sit up and take notice that we aren't going to tread water anymore. Hell if it's Pellegrini we get then that alone will mark us down as being worth reporting on.

What's her kindle made from, very fine but very worn rubber?!

...yes, yes it is, along with some of the contents of her 'special' drawer, which also contains things made from the above mentioned fine yet worn rubber. These things are also - again, quite coincidentally - shaped like & inspired by GARETH BARRY.

Make of this what you will.

#OUT

Its the arrogance of the man and his continued bullshit, more than the results, which angers me more. I rephrase that, disappoints me more.
If I was doing a rubbish job and I knew it, which he does, then I would hold my hand up and say "Look results have been poor, the buck stops at me, this is what I was trying to do tactically and it didn't work" not bullshit like "We are pushing for the top 4, that's not ambition that's delusion.

Telegraph today has some decent news. Link down below and some highlights here:

"Everton are due to hold a board meeting on Friday in which the future of manager Roberto Martinez will be discussed with the Spaniard on the brink of being sacked." (seriously though; only the 'brink'?)

"Barring a major U-turn, it now just seems like a matter of when and not if Martinez will go – even if Everton decide to wait until the end of the season"

"Moshiri said to be particularly concerned by results and supporter dissatisfaction."

"The Everton board are aware that a number of players have been losing faith in Martinez for some time, with questions raised over his tactics and public comments."

"Everton produced a superb second-half performance that was almost enough to secure a place in the final, but sources close to the club credit the half-time turnaround to senior players calling for an improvement, rather than Martinez."

"The Toffees already face a major battle to hang on to star trio Romelu Lukaku,
John Stones and Ross Barkley this summer and keeping Martinez on would make that task even more difficult."

Spot on with most of that. Fingers crossed for some decisive action after the board meeting. (Don't hold your breath though eh?)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ld-be-sacked-next-week-with-everton-board-me/

This is wonderful wonderful news. :)

Matt Law doesn't often get it wrong either.

The board meeting has been common knowledge for a while. The key point of what the esk has consistently said (as far as I can see) is that Martinez won't be here at the start of next season. That remains to be seen; but here's hoping.
Oh right I hadn't been aware of this impending meeting until this morning.

There was a separate meeting after the derby I think but this'll be different.

Whether the outcome will be, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back