Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so there's a board meeting today. Knowing the Everton board, the Martinez issue will not even be on the agenda.:coffee:
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

With immediate effect, Andrex have been officially ratified as the official toilet paper of Everton Football Club.

We need to remember that the board members see more than us when it comes to the every day running of the club.

Seriously mate. I'm not having a go at you and I know times have changed since Moshiri came on board, although there's no apparent influence as of yet. But for the love of God man, take a look at the history of Everton for the last thirty years. It's so incompetent it makes the investigation into the weapons of mass destruction look like a thorough investigation.

The Boards members, including the hidden advisers have been a crock of, poor language removed, and have failed a generation of supporters. Do some reading, start with David Marsh, they've collectively had no idea how to run a football club. If they did, do you think we'd be competing with the likes of West Ham and Southampton for players. Our peers from yesteryear are sailing away on the horizon, if it goes on like this, we'll end up like Preston and probably in the same division.

I agree but he has failed with dealings off the pitch as well. His interviews are an embarrassment to the club. There were no bad apples when he took over. He quickly fell out with squad memebers and dropped them without considering the effects of this on the team.

He has tried to impose his philosophy on the players and fans, and all can see that it simply does not work, yet he refuses to change.

Without Lukaku we would be in a relegation scrap or already relegated and Martinez has just steadfastly refused to change.

The youth set up was fine before Martinez came along, i hope he is not arrogant enough to claim any involement with that. All he did was play youth that was about to break through under Moyes. He inherited a great squad, backed up with youth. Martinez and his Wigan staff didnt know what to do with it. He makes excuse after excuse, week after week, about building a football club, I find this particulary insulting really as he was gifted some great players and took their development backward.

I think the players will also be glad to see the back of him. Imagine having to work with a subpar manager week after week and listen to his flawed logic, I think after 3 years the players are just fed up with him he has ground them down and made them into losers.

To summarise poor management on all levels.

Oh I dont disagree as such, they were just examples I was using. I dont know what happens behind the scenes.

I will take issue with the turning them into losers thing though. Other than Barry none of them are winners really. A couple of them have won stuff here and there but none of them have got history of being winners.

So they came armed with their tennis balls & white handkerchiefs. The blue army was not happy. They had been defeated in the most important battles of the year & the war was lost.

But Bobby of the Brown shoes didn’t care for they did not know he had a giant tennis racquet & an awful cold.

“Bring it on” he shouted “I know you don’t really mean it judge me on 3 years not 3 months”

So they did come in their tens of thousands armed with their yellow balls & pieces of cloth & they waited & waited …….. And waited but Bobby had gone!!

Who is that standing in the glowing light? The people wondered

“He is called the special one sent by the great Farhad Moshiri to lead us to greatness “

But how did his happen none of the ITK knew anything about this

That is because they did not know only those who know … Know. !!!!

Seriously mate. I'm not having a go at you and I know times have changed since Moshiri came on board, although there's no apparent influence as of yet. But for the love of God man, take a look at the history of Everton for the last thirty years. It's so incompetent it makes the investigation into the weapons of mass destruction look like a thorough investigation.

The Boards members, including the hidden advisers have been a crock of, poor language removed, and have failed a generation of supporters. Do some reading, start with David Marsh, they've collectively had no idea how to run a football club. If they did, do you think we'd be competing with the likes of West Ham and Southampton for players. Our peers from yesteryear are sailing away on the horizon, if it goes on like this, we'll end up like Preston and probably in the same division.

Exactly this. It's the responsibility of the majority shareholder, through the board to cure these ills. Nobody outside of the club and its supporters will care one jot, in fact the patronising "plucky" and "overachieving" tags atrributed to us in the media over the last 10-15 years are testament to this.

So they came armed with their tennis balls & white handkerchiefs. The blue army was not happy. They had been defeated in the most important battles of the year & the war was lost.

But Bobby of the Brown shoes didn’t care for they did not know he had a giant tennis racquet & an awful cold.

“Bring it on” he shouted “I know you don’t really mean it judge me on 3 years not 3 months”

So they did come in their tens of thousands armed with their yellow balls & pieces of cloth & they waited & waited …….. And waited but Bobby had gone!!

“He is called the special one sent by the great Farhad Moshiri to lead us to greatness “

What do you know?o_O

Can't link it properly - soz - but it's a decent listen if you can get to it...

NEV.webp

Holy Rafael and the cardinals. What. Is. This?

Hopefully we'll see Statement today something like

"Martinez will leave Everton Football Club at the end of this season"

He would get nice goodbyes Im sure...

If we continue like this he will most likely be humiliated and thats not nice to no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back