Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think us fans just see stuff in a very black and white way (which is understandable).

We need to remember that the board members see more than us when it comes to the every day running of the club.

Maybe the rumours of a few bad apples at the club are true and instead of getting rid of the manager they will get rid of these players. Maybe they have had a look at the rest of the set up of the club and can see what Martinez is trying to do in regards to rebuilding the whole set up right down to the youth sides and are impressed with that and its future potential and are willing to give him some more time to fully implement it?

Im not saying any of this is right etc just that there is more to being a manager than just what we see on the pitch each week.

what rumours are these?

I think us fans just see stuff in a very black and white way (which is understandable).

We need to remember that the board members see more than us when it comes to the every day running of the club.

Maybe the rumours of a few bad apples at the club are true and instead of getting rid of the manager they will get rid of these players. Maybe they have had a look at the rest of the set up of the club and can see what Martinez is trying to do in regards to rebuilding the whole set up right down to the youth sides and are impressed with that and its future potential and are willing to give him some more time to fully implement it?

Im not saying any of this is right etc just that there is more to being a manager than just what we see on the pitch each week.

147058486.webp

Okay, so there's a board meeting today. Knowing the Everton board, the Martinez issue will not even be on the agenda.:coffee:

I agree but he has failed with dealings off the pitch as well. His interviews are an embarrassment to the club. There were no bad apples when he took over. He quickly fell out with squad memebers and dropped them without considering the effects of this on the team.

He has tried to impose his philosophy on the players and fans, and all can see that it simply does not work, yet he refuses to change.

Without Lukaku we would be in a relegation scrap or already relegated and Martinez has just steadfastly refused to change.

The youth set up was fine before Martinez came along, i hope he is not arrogant enough to claim any involement with that. All he did was play youth that was about to break through under Moyes. He inherited a great squad, backed up with youth. Martinez and his Wigan staff didnt know what to do with it. He makes excuse after excuse, week after week, about building a football club, I find this particulary insulting really as he was gifted some great players and took their development backward.

I think the players will also be glad to see the back of him. Imagine having to work with a subpar manager week after week and listen to his flawed logic, I think after 3 years the players are just fed up with him he has ground them down and made them into losers.

To summarise poor management on all levels.

I agree but he has failed with dealings off the pitch as well. His interviews are an embarrassment to the club. There were no bad apples when he took over. He quickly fell out with squad memebers and dropped them without considering the effects of this on the team.

He has tried to impose his philosophy on the players and fans, and all can see that it simply does not work, yet he refuses to change.

Without Lukaku we would be in a relegation scrap or already relegated and Martinez has just steadfastly refused to change.

The youth set up was fine before Martinez came along, i hope he is not arrogant enough to claim any involement with that. All he did was play youth that was about to break through under Moyes. He inherited a great squad, backed up with youth. Martinez and his Wigan staff didnt know what to do with it. He makes excuse after excuse, week after week, about building a football club, I find this particulary insulting really as he was gifted some great players and took their development backward.

I think the players will also be glad to see the back of him. Imagine having to work with a subpar manager week after week and listen to his flawed logic, I think after 3 years the players are just fed up with him he has ground them down and made them into losers.

To summarise poor management on all levels.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back