Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they? We are one of the better run clubs out there.

Spending bottomless pit money does not make you competent.

We tend to keep our better players or get silly money for them, they back their managers, ensure we are not in any danger of going to the wall and above all for me portay Everton in the best light possible. The work Everton does in the community for example is brilliant.

No but getting rid of a manager who is gradually taking you towards the championship is not a bad sign of being clued up.

You are right, maybe I am being a tad dramatic about other stuff, but they are playing a stinker on this one.

He has destoyed Barklay trying to make him play like Messi, instead of just leaving him in his natural
Gerrard`esque roll not suprised he wants out if the `philosophical, bulls++t spewing at every opportunity`
clueless worst manager in the prem stays ... sack him now ... right now enough !

How are they? We are one of the better run clubs out there.

Spending bottomless pit money does not make you competent.

We tend to keep our better players or get silly money for them, they back their managers, ensure we are not in any danger of going to the wall and above all for me portay Everton in the best light possible. The work Everton does in the community for example is brilliant.

...stable, more or less, yes. 'Better run'? Hmmm...

The board and the running of EVERTON has always come into question mate, and rightly so, and it's not hard to find the reasons why. They've managed to arse up SO very much over the years, big to small, from kitbag to Kings Dock....ticketing to merch...the badge fiasco...the myriad of transfer palavers...all that.

THE PEOPLE'S CLUB tag is brilliant, it's a great tagline.....yet it's very rarely adhered to at board level.

Hopefully that's gonna change soon though.

No but getting rid of a manager who is gradually taking you towards the championship is not a bad sign of being clued up.

You are right, maybe I am being a tad dramatic about other stuff, but they are playing a stinker on this one.

I think us fans just see stuff in a very black and white way (which is understandable).

We need to remember that the board members see more than us when it comes to the every day running of the club.

Maybe the rumours of a few bad apples at the club are true and instead of getting rid of the manager they will get rid of these players. Maybe they have had a look at the rest of the set up of the club and can see what Martinez is trying to do in regards to rebuilding the whole set up right down to the youth sides and are impressed with that and its future potential and are willing to give him some more time to fully implement it?

Im not saying any of this is right etc just that there is more to being a manager than just what we see on the pitch each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back