Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so he's a 'fraud' ..... Shouldn't be anywhere near managing a football club eh?

I take your point, he's really just another John Carver and everything he's done has been crap.

Forget the cup runs. Forget the exciting young players he's brought into the team. He's a fraud, init, blagged his way into the job after quitting as a binman.

Think you need to look up the definition of fraud mate.

BTW, I've given up on him, and think his time here is done ;)

Listen mate Barkley and Stones are two of the most talented players of their generation, neither of them were brought to the club by Martinez. Both were already involved in the first team when Martinez arrived. He is not responsible for the development of these players. Highly talented players get better as they get older. Where a good coach comes in is in helping them improve the weaknesses in their game and in that regard Martinez has failed miserably and so the development of both players has hit a wall and both are looking around for guidance and just being told that they´re brilliant, world class, phenomenal. As for developing the actual youth team players at the club he has done nothing except throw a couple in for a few minutes to take the heat off him when he´s only had them or his 13 million pound man to put on. You should look at what is actually happening on the pitch rather than listening to Bobby´s interviews because they´ll only warp your mind.

Hmmm lets see -, Gibson - replaced by Besic who cost 2m
Pienaar replaced - well with no one really as Martinez doesn't seem to believe in left sided players does he, but for arguments sake - he was replaced with cleverley for nothing
Osman - an academy lad - could say he was replaced by anothe racademy lad in barkley

So we sell Lukaku fr arguments sake for 60m and free up a huge chunk of our wage budget of arund 70-80k, we can then go out and easily replace his 25 goals like many teams regularly do, hmmm, wait their i see a flaw in this plan mate, Martinez next striker he bought for 13.5m and paid 55k pw so far has played 29 mins either because of a career threathening sore wrist, or because he is utterly terrible

What club outisd the top 4 has sold a player like lukaku - who basically is the goals for the team and came out strogner the followign season - Liverpol with Suarez?, Spurs with Bale? even United with Ronaldo?

It is utter bs from this manager again, he knows he has zero chance to keep any of them here as they all want to jump off the HMS Martinez as it's sinking, and he is doing his usually positive spin on things again, only thing is 'most' of us have cottoned onto this by now only a few die hard ones are left to swallow it up
It's simply posturing and PR at this stage, cannot see him staying beyond the end of the season as all signs point to him being gone. There's no point in getting all het up about things, he'll be gone end of the season.

It's simply posturing and PR at this stage, cannot see him staying beyond the end of the season as all signs point to him being gone. There's no point in getting all het up about things, he'll be gone end of the season.

yeah i know what your saying is right mate, but long as he is the Everton manager he represent this club and when he opens his mouth and comes out with a constant stream of utter crap then it reflects badly and ultimately dmanages the clubs reputation.

Mate did you not see the part when he explained how it is easier to replace a expensive and important player such as Lukaku or Stones than it is a low price player

Its like the emperor`s new cloths, he just cannot see it. It is unbelievable how the baord have let this trundle on
Moshiri whether he likes it or not is stained also here, he should of acted and said `its my call now` the fans and players would have loved him
for it. Kenwright could have side stepped and let him deal with it. A new manager now has the added task of convincing players to stay
I think that will be a difficult task

yeah i know what your saying is right mate, but long as he is the Everton manager he represent this club and when he opens his mouth and comes out with a constant stream of utter crap then it reflects badly and ultimately dmanages the clubs reputation.
Arsed about that though, words are only words and ultimately piss in the wind, I cannot see him lowering the club's image or perception any more than what it is at. We are already perceived as a midtable club, how is a few interviews going to change this?

Come on? No one wants us to not win. It's garbage logic, in fact the complete opposite to the protests are about. We want to win more.

Then protest at the people who are allowing this decline to continue, Ian.

This stopped being about Roberto Martinez when he was allowed to remain in charge after the three soulless displays in a week against Watford, Palace and Saints.

That left both players and fans in a totally lobotomised state ahead of Anfield and Wembley.

Not one person I knew in real life, or interacted with on here, thought we had a snowball's chance in the two "season defining" games that were coming down the pike at us like an eighteen wheeler juggernaut.

He needed firing on the night of the Saints game.....it was the only way we were going to get a bit of traction to start the wheels rolling again,

I knew it.....you knew it.....every bugger on GOT knew it (except, I daresay, a few Bobby uber loyalists).

That he was allowed to remain in charge was a wrong decision and IMO Mr. Bill Kenwright is more responsible for the shame of Anfield and the first half at Wembley than Bobby is.

Bobby is beyond booing and beyond criticism now.

He is there whether we like it or not.......and I am too long in the tooth to think I can just switch off my love for this team.

I have already renewed because it makes no odds to me who is the manager at Everton......that darned football club has me firmly in its thrall and I will turn up in August, filled with hope and optimism as I have turned up every August since I was no' but a boy a very long time ago :)

And despite being put through the emotional wringer all week, I am looking forward to the match today ;)

I am going to give Dan Gosling a big cheer as well.....Dan sent me home from the Park in a delirious state one night......he is a legend :dance:

COYB

Hmmm lets see -, Gibson - replaced by Besic who cost 2m
Pienaar replaced - well with no one really as Martinez doesn't seem to believe in left sided players does he, but for arguments sake - he was replaced with cleverley for nothing
Osman - an academy lad - could say he was replaced by anothe racademy lad in barkley

So we sell Lukaku fr arguments sake for 60m and free up a huge chunk of our wage budget of arund 70-80k, we can then go out and easily replace his 25 goals like many teams regularly do, hmmm, wait their i see a flaw in this plan mate, Martinez next striker he bought for 13.5m and paid 55k pw so far has played 29 mins either because of a career threathening sore wrist, or because he is utterly terrible

What club outisd the top 4 has sold a player like lukaku - who basically is the goals for the team and came out strogner the followign season - Liverpol with Suarez?, Spurs with Bale? even United with Ronaldo?

It is utter bs from this manager again, he knows he has zero chance to keep any of them here as they all want to jump off the HMS Martinez as it's sinking, and he is doing his usually positive spin on things again, only thing is 'most' of us have cottoned onto this by now only a few die hard ones are left to swallow it up

He bought Lukaku. So that goes in his list of things 'he done good.' - Like it or not

Whatever way you want to spin it, it was better money spent than most of the other clubs! Good management? A good buy? Credit where credit is due? Half of the doubters were questioning the signing and fee for Lukaku (hiya @Tubey )

He's not the total managerial flop you're making him out to be! He HAS done some good things, and had us looking boss at times, although not enough lately.

He bought Lukaku. So that goes in his list of things 'he done good.' - Like it or not

Whatever way you want to spin it, it was better money spent than most of the other clubs! Good management? A good buy? Credit where credit is due? Half of the doubters were questioning the signing and fee for Lukaku (hiya @Tubey )

He's not the total managerial flop you're making him out to be! He HAS done some good things, and had us looking boss at times, although not enough lately.

Top half club finishes bottom half 2 seasons in a row

FLOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back