Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear that there is some financial incentive to keep him on until the end of the season. I assume there is an exit clause at the end of the season. Moshiri, regardless of his many millions didn't get there by being stupid. If keeping him a few weeks saves 'x' millions then fair enough (although surely garden leave is the preferred option?).

Martinez will not be here next season lads, onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

Interesting day apart from the football.

It is absolutely clear Martinez is leaving, there is no doubt about that whatsoever.

Still no confirmation of exact timing, whatever has been decided is being very closely guarded. Can't see the point of him staying to be honest but if the board have decided end of season I'll take that.

I agree. But I also feel for him, today must of hurt, planes and protests. Does he deserve it? Yes, in the cold light of day football is a business, but he's a young manager with a young family and it's that, that makes me feel for him. He's a good guy.

Although I've been adamant for the past 3ish years he's not up to our standard, I would never have wanted this for him.

This is exactly right and shameful to the board. It has made me question Moshiri to be honest as it is no way
to run a football club. He could have been allowed to exit with his dignity intact months ago

Yerrrrsssss hahaha. Why does he bring up West Brom? Haha they're buzzing being midtable and playing incredibly dull football, did you see them at Goodison the other month?
Before this board took over, Everton were like United in '70s and '80s. Times were tough, but ultimately we knew our time would come again.

That's all changed now, though. Everton don't even want to be a big club anymore.

Wonder if it's a save face time for the club.

Sack him now and it looks like the board has caved into the fans.

Sack him end of the season and it looks like the board have listened to the fans.

Interesting day apart from the football.

It is absolutely clear Martinez is leaving, there is no doubt about that whatsoever.

Still no confirmation of exact timing, whatever has been decided is being very closely guarded. Can't see the point of him staying to be honest but if the board have decided end of season I'll take that.
I think his interview on SKY this evening showed clearly a totally different Roberto Martinez. He was more downbeat than I have ever seen him. He barely mentioned the game. It certainly looked like a man on the brink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back